Chapter 27

June 29, 2014 

"I can't believe she's sleeping this late. She's ruining our last day on the beach," Austin complains, drinking a coffee at the kitchen table.

Karlie and Josh sit with him, the late morning slowly but surely turning into early afternoon. Josh scratches his unshaven chin, intently staring at his iPad, probably not even hearing what Austin has said.

"I can go wake her up," Karlie decides, standing up from the table. She hopes she doesn't seem overly excited for the job she has just volunteered for.

"Tell her to get a move on or we're leaving without her," Austin adds.

Karlie smiles and heads for the staircase. She takes the stairs two at a time once she is out of sight from the boys, feeling as though she can't get to Taylor fast enough.

When she woke up this morning, none of last night had felt real. It had a dream like quality to it. Everything was too perfect, too easy. There was no way everything could be that easy after the amount of drama they've put each other through. If it is this easy, we should feel pretty stupid right about now. Karlie thinks.

Finally reaching Taylor's closed bedroom door, she gently turns the door knob and carefully pushes the door in, not wanting to wake up the singer quite just yet. Karlie glances at the older girl sprawled out beneath the blankets before closing the door just as quietly as she had opened it. Her bare feet pad quietly against the hardwood floor as she walks closer towards the bed. She smiles as she watches Taylor sleep, looking as though she is completely without worry and at peace. She breathes softly at a slow rhythmic pace. The entire scene is far too serene for Karlie to resist joining in on, however, before doing so she adjusts the blankets over Taylor. She spotted the top of the singer's bra visible on her bare shoulders and chest and is reminded of how little clothing she had gone to sleep wearing after her rain soaked adventure. As tempting as Taylor's pale and soft skin looks, Karlie inches the blanket up a few inches before climbing into the bed alongside the sleeping girl.

Taylor begins to stir once feeling someone's weight join her on the mattress as well. Her blue sleepy eyes open, and once finding Karlie she immediately smiles.

"Good morning," Karlie says shyly, as she rests half of her body on top of Taylor's, her head only inches away from Taylor's.

"Good morning," Taylor returns, her voice hoarse with sleep. They stare at each other quietly, each others' smiles as big as could be. Where exactly do they begin when speaking to each other today? "I feel like I had an out of body experience last night, or something," Taylor finally says.

"It doesn't matter, it still counts. No take backs," Karlie says quickly, her green eyes shining playfully.

Taylor laughs and agrees, "No take backs." Karlie grasps the singer's hand and brings the back of it to her lips gently."I just want the weekend to be over now," Taylor adds, as she stares at Karlie holding her hand against her lips delicately.

"We're back in New York tonight," Karlie says smiling, now holding Taylor's hand against her cheek.

"I can't explain how...how happy I am," Taylor says. "I really just don't have the words."

"That's a first for you," Karlie smiles. "But me too."

"I don't know how I'm going to act like everything is normal today," Taylor says, pulling her hand away from Karlie's cheek to place it softly on the model's long tan neck.

"After months, I think we can make it through one more day," Karlie replies. Taylor sighs dramatically, but nonetheless a smile is on her face. "Okay, come on and get out of bed. No more late night exploring by yourself, you obviously can't handle it. It's like noon."