CH-4 THE CHRISTMAS GIFT

HAZEL

But what was RYAN doing at the party?

A thousand of thoughts were running in my mind. The time flew by and I realized that I was very late for class so I decided better not to go as I would probably get detention.

........

The whole night I kept wondering what Ryan would have been doing at the party?

Was he a waiter?

Was he someone's friend?

Was he someone's son?

Did he recognize me?

Is HE a spy too?

If so, then did he get to know that I am a spy?

I somehow managed to sleep for a couple of hours. My sleep was disturbed by my phone's ringtone, and when I looked at the caller's Id, I immediately answered it.

"What is the matter Maya? Why have you called me at this hour?" I said looking at my wall clock that said '3:09 A.M'.

"'Hey' would be a more appropriate way to greet me but anyways, I had something important to tell you." She said with excitement.

"Okay, if it is that important then continue." I said in a very obvious tone so that she doesn't stop again and irritate me.

"So, the thing is that I just received a mail from our agency and it said that we have a trip to Valdez in Alaska and there will be a very important meeting held there. I am sure you also got the mail but you haven't checked it yet. So.........I was just thinking how we'll go there and just then an amazing idea popped up in my head." She said in a rapid speed.

To turn the table around and irritate her I said "Oh okay... I just hope it is not as silly as you."

While saying that I tried to control my laughter and I was successful, at least in my opinion.

"Shut up now and listen to me, carefully." She said sounding a bit offended but it didn't matter because I knew she wasn't.

"I was thinking that you can ask your parents and I'll ask my mom to take us on a vacation to Valdez and that this would be our Christmas gift." She said and didn't wait for my confirmation.

"Okay bye. Tell me about it in the morning" After saying that she hung up.

I actually thought that it was a pretty great idea.

........

In the morning I woke up, brushed my teeth and went into the kitchen expecting my mom in there and she was there indeed.

"Good morning mom." I said.

"Good morning darling. What are you doing up so early? Your winter vacation has started and I thought you won't be up till 10." She said and chuckled.

"No mom, it is just that the whole night I was wondering that it has been so long since we went on a vacation and I really want to go somewhere this Christmas." I excitedly said.

"Oh honey, I will be pleased to do so. I will talk to your dad about it today. Last night even I was thinking about going out on a short vacation and I was thinking that your aunt and Maya can join us."

"Yeah, mom I would love it if you invite them too."

"Okay darling now I have to go and take a shower, till then finish your breakfast." She said handing me a plate having pancakes and strawberry sauce on top of them, just the way I like it.

........

It was already afternoon and there was no answer either from mom or from dad.

After what felt like an eternity, mom and dad stepped into the room and sat down beside me.

"So....Um....where do you want to go?" Dad asked.

I was astonished by his act and I turned around and hugged him.

"Really dad?"

"Yes."

"Are Maya and Auntie Linda joining us?"

"Yeah, why not."

I told that I wanted to go to Valdez and blah blah blah....

*****

LIKE AND COMMENT .