CH-20 EPILOGUE: PROM

HAZEL

"Mom." I said while descending down the stairs.

"I have shopping plans with Maya today. And if you are going to tell me that she is banned from seeing me, today is 30th and the month is over." I explained even before she could object.

"I know dear. And I knew that the day she was free to see you, you wouldn't waste a single second. But I don't understand why you girls are going for shopping when you can do something else?"

"MOM! How can you forget that I have my prom next week?" I whined in disappointment.

"Oh, honey, it just slipped out of my mind." She reasoned and after a second, she had a perfect smirk on her face.

"You are going with Ryan, aren't you?"

"Ye-Yes." I stuttered on seeing the teasing mischief in her orbs.

See mom told you that something was up....but you being you said 'It's not like THAT'.

Why did you have to come now?

Darling I can come whenever I want to.

Don't call me that.

Why?

Because I said so.

Yeah right.... I can't call you that because a certain someone calls you that....doesn't he?

SHUT UP!

"My, my! Hazel you are simply blushing hearing his name....I told you that something is up, I saw it in his eyes." Mom said bringing me out of my consy world.

"Mom!" I whined and she chuckled.

I sometimes wonder how is she your mom? I mean, how can a mother tease her daughter so much?

"Okay, okay, you can go and bring a really pretty dress...but be back by 7:00 pm, ok?"

"Okies.....Byeeee." I replied dragging the last part and exited through the door.

"HEY!" I boomed cheerfully while getting inside Maya's car.

"HI!" Maya exclaimed with the same enthusiasm.

"So, where are we off to, first?" I asked.

"Patience Haze." Maya replied with an evil laughter and I frowned.

"Maya... please tell me." I whined while making a puppy face.

"Nope." she said popping the 'p'.

*Sigh*

"Stop that Haze."

"Whatever." I muttered.

"I heard that." She taunted.

.........

Within 20 minutes we reached a mall.

"Yeah, was it really a place I would be shocked to see." I commented.

"No, but I just love pushing your buttons." She claimed while we entered a huge gate leading towards a huge shop.

"Woah, this place seems expensive." I remarked as I pulled up the price tag of one of the dresses that just hung on the wall beside me.

"Of course, it is. And really Hazel, it's your prom and you are worried about the price of the dress. I'm sure Auntie won't say a thing about the price of the dress." She spoke and turned behind to look at the other dresses.

"Ooooo, I like this black one." Maya said.

And I looked at the dress. It was sleeveless, short and not my type at all.