Chapter 4

You were coming back from out riding. You had to have time to think over what your uncle and aunt told you last night. The colonel did seem very interested and very admiring of your music and of your personality. You sighed but suddenly something curious on the ground. It was a small paper package with a bow tied on the top.

Getting down from Garnet you sidled over and picked it up.

"to (y/n)" it said on the front.

This made you more curious and unwrapping it you found a letter and a small book of Shakespeare's love sonnets.

You decided to read the letter at home, so quickly you galloped the rest of the way and opened it in your room.

"dear (y/n)" it said.  "I am just your humble servant and admirer. Take this book as a token of my admiration and awe"

You were surprised. None had ever said such things to you. Who would? None in your life admired you or would want to buy such a beautiful copy of Shakespeare.

Fliping to a page you found one of them had been marked with a pressed flower. Sonnet 18 it said:

"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course, untrimmed;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to Time thou grow'st.
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee."

What lovely words you thought as you put the book down but who is this admirer you thought. Someone close enough to post it and who knows you well enough to like you.

You let out an annoyed sigh. Who is it. You thought. You read the letter again then put it in your desk and placed the book on your bedside table.