These are the Songs we Always Sang

Being 10 years old with a dead brother was hard.

I was a difficult child after his death. I was reluctant to eat, I hardly left my room, and I wasn't very responsive to anyone. Nobody knew how to deal with me, so they sent me to Malfoy Manor.

I wasn't supposed to be there. Cornelius Fudge was going to let me stay at Grimmauld, but when Lucius Malfoy found out, he insisted that I stay at the Manor for a while, and since Fudge was so stuck under Malfoy's thumb that he allowed it.

I hated it there.

I felt more lonely there than I did at Grimmauld. Even though there were three other people in the house.

Nobody really talked to each other. We were only ever in the same room together at meal times. Silent meal times.

I had nothing to do for a few weeks until one day I decided to knock on Draco's door and ask to play with him.

Draco hasn't changed at all. He has always been that poncy, pratty git that doesn't like to share.

He slammed the door right in my face and told me to never talk to him again. So I did. I had better things to do than waste time with a spoiled brat.

I desperately wanted out of that place, so I did what I do best. I complain.

Fudge might be stuck under Lucius's thumb, but he was also wrapped around my fingers. My influence was greater that Malfoy's, so I got what I wanted.

A few hours later, I was back at Grimmauld. Asleep my bed.

After that fiasco, I was a lot more responsive, in fear that I would be sent away again, but I was also watched more closely. I was taken on more business trips with Crouch and Fudge. By the age of eleven, I had left the country more times than most ministry workers. I had been to America the most.

We would always go to New York City, or Washington DC as those located the magical capitals of the States.

My favorite trip was when I was left alone in NYC (I had Kreacher, but he was hidden) and I was brought to this magical camp. Oops. I mustn't tell you more. You aren't ready.

My childhood might've been lonely, and sad, but it wasn't that bad.

Well, that might sound a little too optimistic, but optimism is good, right?

Then, I turned 11. It was soon time to experience Hogwarts for myself. Hopefully more than what my brother had.

I made some great friends on that train.

Last update for today. Also pretty short, but I'm happy to tell you that this is the end of the childhood back storychapter. we're entering the Hogwarts part of this story. Enjoy.

                                             -Yellow