Chapter 24

Thank you the_laetus_poeta for voting and commenting!!

Also I'm obsessed with the new cover 😍

Third person POV

Angelica stood in the middle of the woods by campus. She had no idea why she was there but Eliza had told her to be there.

Angie 😇🔪: Why am I here again?

Liza🥰💙: You'll seeeeeee

Angelica rolled her eyes. What she didn't know was this this was a huge plan by her friends. In a matter if seconds the entire friend group knew what Lafayette wanted to do. Although neither Lafayette or Angelica knew that they were all hiding in the bushes and trees.

Lafayette nervously walked to the spot in the woods fiddling with a book in his hands. Angelica caught sight of him and smiled. "Laf?"

"Bonjour mon cher" He said, as confident as he could.

Angelica caught onto his nerves and laughed slightly, although still confused. Her cheeks dusted pink as she smiled. "Hey. What are we doing here?"

"I..." Lafayette tried to calm himself. "I saw you reading this book and I found out you didn't have it so here" Laf handed Angelica the book.

"Common Sense by Thomas Paine!" Angelica gasped. She grinned and blushed at the gesture. "I love this book, how'd you know?"

"I have my ways" Lafayette winked at Angelica, causing her to blush. They stood in silver for a moment while Laf built up courage. "Uh mon ange?" Angelica looked into his eyes. "Would you maybe want to go on a date with me?"

Lafayette stood nervously waiting for an answer. Angelica's eyes widened in shock. "I'd love to!"

Laf's eyes sparkled. "Really??"

Angie laughed. "Really"

Lafayette laughed from shock and stared at Angelica dreamily. Before Lafayette knew what was happening Angelica shoved her lips onto his. Lafayette pulled her closer.

Meanwhile in a tree

"I can't see!" Peggy whisper yelled.

"Too bad" Alex said play shoving her.

"She's my sister"

"And he's my adopted French brother"

"What?"

"Nothing"

"Then move your big fat head!" Peggy smacked the back of Alexander's head.

"Ow! Hey my head is beautiful"

"Only 'Liza thinks that" Peggy rolled her eyes.

Angelica kissed Lafayette and they both let out a squeal. And fell from the tree. They landed with a thud. Laf and Angie whipped their heads around to see Alex and Peggy on the ground.

Alex and Peggy shot up from the ground and screamed, "Lafgelica has sailed!!!"

———————————————————

John was helping James clean up the shop.

"Hey John?" James said wiping the counter.

"Yeah?"

"Why were you looking for a job so desperately?" James asked. John's face fell slightly. James noticed. "You don't have to tell me I was just wondering"

"It's alright" John gave him a small smile. "My dad found out that I'm not majoring in law and he got mad"

"We wanted you to major in law?" John nodded. "I don't know you that well but you do not seem like a law kind of person" James said.

John laughed. "I've always wanted to work with animals not annoying people"

James smiled. "Well if anything happens I'll be here to help"

"Thanks" John smiled. "That means a lot"

———————————————————

Alex stood in a jewelry shop with Peggy. "Pegs it has to be perfect!" He panicked.

"Alex chill!" Peggy shook him. "It. Will. Be. Fineeee"

"Our anniversary is in 3 weeks! I need to find a ring!"

"We'll find her a promise ring. Don't worry"

Alex looked around for a while longer. He gasped.

"What?" Peggy asked. "Did you find one?"

Alex grinned and motioned to a ring. "This one"

Peggy smiled. "It's perfect"

—————————————————-

Maria was switching classes when someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around and her eyes widened in horror.

"Hello Maria"

Hey so um this chapter is all over the place and super short. So I'm sorry for that but I have plans for the next chapter. (Spoiler alert: there's for Maria) But uh yeah. Thanks for reading and have a good day/night!