Chapter 36

Thank you ElizaSchuylerHamiton for voting and commenting!!

There's gonna be a long a/n at the end but if you can read it that'd be great :)

TW: mentions of cutting

Third person POV

"What happened?" Samuel asked, walking over to Peggy's bed where Maria was.

Maria swallowed slowly. "I think Peggy's cutting herself"

"Why do you-"

Peggy woke up and Samuel cut himself off. "Hm? What are you guys doing?" Peggy asked sleepily.

"Peggy" Maria said in a stern yet soft voice.

Peggy was confused by the way Maria said that. She looked down slightly and saw the blood coming from her arm. Peggy's eyes widened as she quickly pulled the blanket over her, hoping they hadn't already seen her arms.

"Pegs we-"

"Guys, look I promise it's not what it looks like" Peggy said in a panicked tone. Maria and Samuel shared a glance. Peggy sat up. "Please don't tell anyone" She begged. Sam nodded in an understanding way.

"Pegs we won't but we need to take care of your arm" Maria said, concerned. She handed Sam a folded up paper towel. "Hold this to Peggy's arm and apply pressure. I'm going to get the first aid kit."

Maria came back in a moment with the first aid kit. "Ok Sam you can move the paper towel now"

(A/N idk anything about the blood side of medical injuries so this is all probably wrong)

"Where did you learn all of this Maria?" Samuel asked as Maria started disinfecting the cuts.

"My mom was a nurse. She taught me some simple things before she ditched me" Maria said nonchalantly while wrapping up Peggy's arm.

They all sat down on Peggy's bed. "Ya know I've never heard you talk about your family or past Mari" Peggy said before leaning her head in Maria's shoulder.

Maria shrugged slightly. "I don't talk about it much but I don't mind talking about it. Do you guys want to know about it?"

"If you don't want to, we don't care" Sam said.

"Eh, it's probably good to talk about it" Maria decided. Sam and Peggy got ready for Maria to start talking like little kids waiting for story time. "My dad was never in my life. My mom was... not the greatest. She loved me but she also didn't, I'm not sure how to explain it. But basically she lived with me til I was like 7 then she left for some reason I can't remember. So I got thrown into a foster home. I was tossed in and out of foster homes until I turned 18."

"Damn" Peggy muttered. "Why do all of the people in our friend group have parent issues?"

"To be fair, Herc has a great relationship with his parents" Maria pointed out. "And we don't know about Laf and Theo"

Peggy nodded her head slowly. "Laf's parents never cared about him though."

Sam laughed slightly. "I actually have a good family. My parents were a little shocked when I came out to them but they got used to it. My sister was a bit of a brat though. Luckily, she matured." The girls laughed. Samuel continued. "There was this kid down the street though, he was almost never home but when he was it was awful. His family hated him so much it honestly made me want to stab them. He was nice though, he came to my house sometimes when his friend wasn't available."

Peggy narrowed her eyes. "You talked about that boy a lot for you not seeing him very much"

Maria started laughing as Sam's face turned red. "I don't! But I didn't! And I-" Samuel couldn't speak he was so flustered which just made the girls laugh harder.

"Wow we've never had something to tease Sam about" Maria commented smirking.

"I like someone else though" Samuel muttered. Same hadn't expected the girls to hear him, but he didn't want them too.

Peggy squealed. "Omg who!?"

"Uhhhh" Sam's eyes widened. "No one..."

Maria raised an eyebrow. "It's George, isn't it?"

Samuel's eyes widened. "I- what- pfffttt no what makes you think that?!"

"Aw come on Sam. We see the puppy dog eyes you give him" Peggy said, dramatically throwing her arm on his shoulder.

Samuel blushed and looked away. The girls laughed again. Maria looked at Peggy for a second. "Hey Pegs, can we talk about what happened... before?"

Peggy looked at her hands. "I-I'm sorry I didn't think anyone would find out"

Maria and Sam gave each other a look. A look where they both looked like they were going to cry because of how Peggy reacted.

Samuel wrapped his arm around Peggy's shoulder. "Pegs all we care about is you. We want you to be ok"

"I am ok" She mumbled.

Maria sighed quietly. "No you're not Peggy, we wouldn't be having this talk if you were ok"

Peggy didn't respond. She just looked at her hands. Peggy knew she wasn't ok. But she didn't want to bother her friends with her issues.

"Can we tell John?" Maria asked after a moment of silence between the three.

"No!" Peggy yelled instantly. The other two were surprised by the sudden response. "I-I mean I just don't wanna worry him. And he'll probably hate me if he finds out."

"Pegs John could never hate you" Samuel assured. "And he worries about everyone so I don't think he'd mind" Sam laughed at himself. "But seriously it's his job to worry about you"

Peggy just nodded her head slowly, even though she didn't agree. 'Even if John cares about me he's probably sick of all my problems by now' Peggy thought.

"Please just know we love you and care about you, ok?" Maria smiled softly.

"Thank you guys, I love you too"

Hey so I'm alive. (You can skip this paragraph if you want but pls read the next one)
So imma talk about my life for a min cause I feel like it. Today I had an FFA Competition and my team won it which is insane considering last year we were in 12th. And I'm having an interview to get into the high school I wanna go to on Monday:)) I also have my first dance competition next weekend and I'm so excitedddd. And Tomorrow (which is probably when most of you will read this) may or may not be my birthday..

Ok here's the important paragraph. So for one, I'm so sorry for not updating for like a month. But I love you guys so much and thank you for being so patient with me. So I have a general story line for this story but I want to know something. Is there anything you want more of in this book? Like do you want more content from a ship, a character? Do you want me to solve a certain problem or question you have? What do you guys want to see more of?

Once again I'm so sorry for not updating. Also I feel bad for not updating on that cliffhanger but your reactions were priceless so I don't feel as bad. To make up for it I'll have a Jeggy fluff chapter. Sorry I made you read this long a/n but if you did read it thanks :,)

Anyway thanks for reading and have a good day/night!