Chapter 19

Thank you afriendlyferret for voting and commenting! We have to most random conversations on each other's books and I think it's hilarious XD

Third person POV

"I won't tell anyone, I promise" Aaron reassured Peggy.

"Thanks Aaron" Peggy smiled. She was now wearing a deep red shirt (stolen from Maria) and a pair of jeans. She glanced down at her arms which were now wrapped in gauze. She slipped back on her yellow sweatshirt. She put her hands on her hips and looked at Aaron. "You better not mess this up A-A-Ron"

Aaron laughed. "And Peggy's back. We should probably get you Theo and Eliza's dorm so they don't get suspicious"

Peggy nodded and they headed to Eliza and Theodosia's dorm.

Peggy hesitated a moment before opening the door.

"There you are Peggy" Angelica sighed, annoyed. "What took you so long?"

"I was talking with a teacher and forgot" Peggy half-lied. "I'm sorry" She started fiddling with her hands nervously. She had no idea why she was so nervous, but she was.

"It's alright Pegs, there's no reason to apologize" Eliza smiled at her younger sister. "We wanted to talk about classes"

Peggy's heart went up to her throat. She felt like she would throw up at any second. She clenched the wrist she had cut in a remembrance of why she did it. "W-What about c-classes?" She managed to ask. Peggy normally would've cringed at her stuttering but she was too anxious to notice.

Jesus calm down Peggy.

I can't!

You better.

"Do you need help with classes?" Theodosia asked. "We heard that you were struggling in a few..."

"I..." Peggy looked at the floor and squeezed her hand. A tear feel down her face.

Stop it you idiot! They're gonna know something's wrong!

Something's always been wrong. They never seemed to notice before.

"Look I'm not in the mood right now" Peggy muttered, not looking up. "I'm going to go study or something"

Peggy left the room, not looking at anybody in it. She started to speed walk to her dorm. What was she going to do? Peggy had no idea. She just wanted to get away from all people at the moment.

"Ah Mademoiselle Peggy!" Peggy heard from in front oh her. She internally groaned.

She glance up at the Frenchman and gave him a small, very fake, smile, to not worry him. "Hey Laf"

"Est-ce que tu vas bien?" Lafayette asked, noticing her gloomy mood and fake smile.

That's strange... that fake smile always works. No one's ever noticed it before.

"Juste fatigué" she lied.

"Peggy... I know that's not true, that smile was way too fake for it to have been true"

Peggy stared at him for a moment. "How'd you know that?"

"Mon ami, I've seen your real smile, that one looked nothing like it"

"Oh" Peggy looked down again, secretly hoping that Laf had somewhere to be.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Lafayette asked carefully, not wanting anything he said to hurt the smaller girl.

"Not really"

Lafayette nodded, understanding that it's not easy to express everything you feel. "I have to get to class, I'll talk to you later"

Peggy nodded and cheered internally. "Bye Laf"

She watched the Frenchman walk away and started to head up to her own dorm. Peggy reached for her door handle...

"Pegs!" She heard from behind her.

Why is it that the only time I'm noticed is when I wanna be alone?!

"Hey Alex" She muttered, turning around.

"Are you alright?" He asked, noticing that it wasn't her usual cheerful voice.

"I'm fine! Alright!" She snapped. Alex was taken back by Peggy yelling at him. Peggy quickly realized that she snapped and immediately apologized. "I'm sorry I-"

Alex cut Peggy off by wrapping his arms around her. As someone who understood her more than anyone, he knew she didn't like talking about things. "It's alright Pegs, you don't need to explain anything to me"

Peggy found herself sobbing into Alexander's chest. "I just can't do it anymore!"

"Can't do what?" Alex asked calmly, rubbing circles into her back.

"Everything... I-I.... I don't know everything is just so overwhelming" She pulled away from Alex and wiped her face on her sleeve. "I'm sorry"

"Don't be sorry, I know everything is overwhelming" He assured Peggy. Peggy gave Alexander a small, but genuine smile. "If you do end up wanting to talk about it, I'll be here."

"Thanks" Peggy stood there for a moment.

I've never talked to someone about my feelings before.... It might be nice but am I ready to trust someone? Last time I trusted someone it did not end well.

"Is John at your dorm?" Peggy asked.

"No, he's in class" Alex answered. "Why?"

"I-I think I wanna talk about it" Peggy muttered slowly.

Alex nodded, not knowing that this was a big thing for her to be saying. They walked into Alex's dorm and sat on the couch. "So, what's up?"

Peggy took a deep, shaky breath. "I'mfailingmostofmyclassesandmysistershatemeandI'mscaredandeveryonehatesmeandthatusedtonotbothermebutnowitdoes" She quickly spoke.
(I'm failing most of my classes and my sisters hate me and I'm scared and everyone hates me and that used to not bother me but now it does)

Alexander's eyes widened. "Woahh, slow down, I don't even think Laf can talk that fast"

Peggy bit the inside of her lip.

Should I really talk about this?

Peggy it's good for you.

She let out another shaky breath. "I-I'm failing classes and I'm a disappointed to everyone" She said, much slower, but also much quieter.

"Peggy you're not a disappointment" Alexander said immediately.

"That's not what Angelica said" Peggy muttered, not intending for Alexander to hear it.

"What?" Alex asked. Even though he hear what she said he didn't believe it.

"Well she um..." Peggy trailed off. "She didn't say that she just said something that I took the wrong way...." She stood up and walked towards the door. "I um have to go somewhere..." she lied. "Bye Alex" And before Alex could answer she left his dorm.

Well that went well

Hey y'all! I'm so so so so so sorry that I made you guys wait so long for a new chapter. I've been super busy lately so I haven't had much time to write. I'm really liking the new writing style so I hope you guys are too :) Also this story is almost at 2k reads and I'm so excited!! That's all, thanks for reading and have a good day/night!