Ch. 21

Squid took the book he was attempting to read and slammed it against his face with a loud groan. If it was anyone else doing this I might be worried about their mental health, but seeing as Squid hit his head on a lot of things daily, I wasn't too concerned. 

Class would be out in ten minutes and then I could head to the one fancy store in town to get a red tie and possibly a florist too. 

"You really are an idiot, aren't you?" Jayden poked fun at Squid who turned around in his chair to glare at him. 

"Shut the hell up Jayden," Squid growled, slowly turning back in his seat before he got yelled at for not studying. Good thing we all sat in the back anyway. 

"Did you really break the window?" Chunk whispered in between quiet laughter from where he sat in the row in front of us. I shushed Jayden, Chunk and Sid when I saw our teacher glare at us from where he sat at the front of the room. 

"Cracked it. Not broken, just cracked," Squid whispered, his cheeks turning a shade darker. 

Squid could have easily won 'who had the best homecoming-proposal' this year if he hadn't ended up throwing a rock at the wrong window and cracking it in the process. Good thing Jackie was head over heels for him. She had to be if she still said yes to him, especially being two years younger than her. 

Again Chunk, Jayden, Squid and even I burst into laughter earning us a loud a stern look and headshake from the teacher. 

"She still said yes so shut up," Squid glared at all of us, nudging me in the side along with it. I shoved him back just as fast. "Besides, it's better than how you asked Sadie, Kent," 

Now I stopped laughing. I had wanted to plan some elaborate plan to ask Sadie to homecoming in a cute way that she'd brag to her friends about and what not, but the question kind of just came out of me. As long as I was going to the dance with Sadie by my side I didn't really care about much else. 

"Ooh, I think his eyes clouded over," Sid muttered, turned around in his seat ahead of me and waving his hand in front of my face to get my attention. 

"Probably day dreaming about his precious Sadie," Jayden teased, making kissing noises. 

"You're already whipped man," Squid decided to jump in and I quickly punched him in the arm so he instantly regretted his comment. 

"There's nothing wrong with showing your feelings towards a girl, assholes," I grumbled and before any of the guys could reply with a sarcastic comment, the bell rang and class was finally over for the day. 

I grabbed my things quickly before the others could continue harassing me and hurried towards the dorms. I needed to change, grab my wallet and head to the store so I could get back in time for practice later. 

I took the stairs instead of the elevator, knowing it'd be faster, and had my key out ready to unlock the door but it was already open. 

"What's going on?" I asked, walking into the room to find Charlie and Sadie staring at Sadie's bed that had been messed up. On top of my bed was a teddy bear holding a heart and rose petals all around it, plus a ton of glitter that would surely still be on my bed by the end of the school year. "Whoa, what's going on?" 

"You tell me," Charlie suddenly snapped at me, glaring at both Sadie and I. His tone was harsh and I could tell he was in a terrible mood, but I was completely lost as to why he was in my room and why he was so upset. 

I glanced at Sadie's bed and realized there were rose petals and half burned candles tangled up in her messed up sheets. Talk about a fire hazard. Had someone tried to ask Sadie to homecoming? 

"How would I know? I just got here, dude!" I tossed my backpack on top of my bed, not caring that it messed up the petals, glitter and teddy bear. Charlie straightened his shoulders, something he did when he was ready to fight. Why the hell would he want to fight me right now? 

"You messed up Sadie's bed because you don't want us going to the dance together," Charlie boldly accused, reaching out and shoving me back with one hand. 

I took a small step back before stepping towards Charlie so the distance wouldn't be too much when I decide to clock him. Why was Charlie asking Sadie to the dance anyway? Did he actually have feelings for her or did he get rejected and didn't have anyone else to ask?

"You really don't know what you're talking about, I've been in class all day," I didn't feel like explaining myself or trying to defend myself over something I had no part of. Sadie stood beside the two of us with wide eyes and a whitened face. 

"I set up the roses and the candles for Sadie, to ask her to the homecoming dance and it just so happens her bed gets messed up? What a mystery," Charlie's eyes were darker than normal, his tone was full of sarcasm while I glanced at the two beds. I wonder why Sadie and I haven't just pushed our beds together already. Irrelevant to think about right now. 

"Well jokes on you Charlie, I already-" Before I was able to tell Charlie I had already asked Sadie to go with me, there was a loud knock on the door and in walked the one and only Missy, looking devilish as always. 

"Oh goodie, you're all here," Missy purred, making sure to sway her hips dramatically as she entered the room, as if that would make her look like she had curves she so desperately desired. 

"What the hell do you want?" Sadie snapped, obviously fed up with the uninvited guests and the drama surrounding them. 

"I'm here to get an answer from Kent," Missy said, rolling her eyes at Sadie, like she should know that already, and turning towards me with a bid smile. Missy waved her hands towards my bed that was messed up from my backpack now. 

"Well? Are we going to the dance together or not?" She asked, a cocky smirk on her lips. 

I took a deep, surprised breath in and glanced at Sadie, then at Charlie and finally back at Missy. I'm glad Sadie and Charlie looked as lost as I felt. Why did things between Sadie and I always have to involve Charlie and Missy and so much unwanted drama? 

=======

Sorry it's been a while since the last update you guys! Between work, family and the holidays I've been so busy but I hope you enjoy this chapter. 

Also..

Happy New Year!! I hope 2021 is an amazing year for all of you! Thank you for your continued support and love you guys! 

-xxthecookiexx