Ch. 7

Watching Sadie squirm while I held down on her calves was entertaining to say the least. Her face was crunched up in discomfort and she was grinding her teeth together. She claims she's an athlete but has never endured an ice bath before.

"Just five more minutes, sweetheart. Try and focus on something else," I was still laughing from the hostility I was receiving, Sadie had the strength to get out of this tub whenever she wanted, even with me holding onto her legs. So she couldn't hate it all that much. 

"Don't call me that," She snapped at me, squeezing her eyes shut and gripping the side of the tub with both hands. 

"So, you saw who princess was talking to tonight, right?" Charlie blurted out, he was standing on the other side of the tub, leaning against the tiled wall. There was only one tub in the bathroom and since none of us guys ever took baths, it was the dedicated ice-bath for after games and rough practices. 

"It wasn't some douche-bag right?" I asked, keeping my attention on holding Sadie's squirming legs down still. My forearms were starting to go numb already. 

"Nope, it was Missy. Right before she came over to talk to you," Any attention that was on Sadie's legs was now gone. Not only did I have to deal with a girl being my roommate but now I'd have to deal with my roommate being friends with my ex girlfriend?

"She was talking to Missy?" I asked, looking up at Charlie and feeling Sadie's eyes burning into the side of my head. 

"Yup, the Missy," He reassured, simply nodding and raising his eyebrows. 

"You mean, Sadie," I nodded towards Sadie, not taking my eyes off of Charlie, "was talking to Missy?"

"Yes, the one and only," 

"You're joking," Please be joking.

"I am not,"

I turned to look at Sadie, the same time Charlie did. 

"What's the big deal anyway?" She asked, almost sinking deeper into the ice water. 

"Don't talk to her," I blurted out. It would take too much time to explain everything that had happened last year between Missy, Charlie and I. Not to mention Mr. Finn. Bastard. 

"You can't tell me who I can and can't talk to, Kent," Sadie fired back immediately, her attitude coming out again. 

"No one in this dorm talks to her, which means you can't talk to her either. We hate her, so you hate her. Got it?" If Sadie was wanting to live here and get along with everyone, it would be for her own good to stay away from Missy. Missy has caused drama throughout this whole dorm. 

I doubt Sadie would even believe me if I told her half the things Missy has done. 

Sadie abruptly stood out of the water, ice cubes sliding on the floor around us. Her hands rested on her hips, she looked good in her sports bra and shorts might I add, and glared down at me. 

"If you think you can control me, then you're in for a rude awakening, buddy. Who you hate has nothing to do with me, got it? Don't try to order me around," I stood up as Sadie was yelling at me, watching as she had to crane her neck back to keep eye contact with me while I towered over her small stature. 

"When she stabs you in the back, I'll be waiting for you to come crying back and tell me I was right to begin with, you naïve little girl," I scowled down at Sadie and her eyes grew a shade darker. Sadie was a fighter, a stubborn fighter, that much was clear. 

"You're such an asshole," I watched as she gracefully stepped out of the tub, secretly hoping she'd slip on ice, and took off out of the bathroom. She was up to no good.