Ch. 12

"Sadie, it's not what it looks like," 

But it was too late. Sadie's face had lost all it's color as she turned and shoved past Missy, out into the hallway. 

"Sadie wait!" I called out, also pushing past Missy and ignoring her comments about how rude the two of us were. 

I reached Sadie before she made it to the stairwell and grabbed her arm, forcing her to turn and face me. I could hear and feel Missy right behind me, not wanting to miss her chance at creating even more drama. 

"Sorry, next time we'll lock the door," Missy blurted out before I had the chance to say anything, her hands wrapped around my arm and I immediately shook her off, sending her ice cold daggers before I reached out to grab Sadie's hand. 

This wasn't what it looked like. All I needed to do was explain the whole situation and Sadie would understand, she wouldn't be upset anymore. Maybe she'd believe me even more about how crazy Missy is. 

"In case you forgot, I have a key to my own room," Sadie snapped back at Missy, holding up her shiny dorm room key and smirking when Missy noticeably slumped. 

"Sadie, this is all a big misunderstanding. She just asked if we could talk," I tried to explain but Sadie shook her head, rolling her eyes up at me. I hated when she rolled her eyes. 

"So you thought the best place to go would be our dorm room?" She was trying her best not to yell, not to seem upset but I could tell she was hurt. It made sense why she would be, but if I could just explain everything to her. 

"No!" I shook Missy's hands off my arm again and took a step towards Sadie, she didn't move away from me, yet. "Missy spilled her drink all over herself and her clothes were see through. She came up here to borrow a shirt of mine and the guys were going to give her a hard time about it so I gave her my shirt to cover up. That's it! Missy wasn't even in our room," 

I'm also paying for her to get an abortion from one of your favorite teachers at this school. I had blurted everything out in a rushed way, all I hoped was that Sadie would believe me. 

"Don't lie to the poor girl Kent, babe, we don't need to be giving her false hope now," Missy purred from behind me and my blood began to boil. I never should have agreed to help her in the first place. This is why I stayed far away from Missy, all she did was create useless drama. 

"Missy shut up!" I yelled, glaring back at the plastic smirk on her face before turning back to Sadie, feeling desperate for some reason. This shouldn't be that big of a deal. "Please believe me, Missy is lying. She's a master manipulator. She probably planned this whole thing out anyway," 

"Really Kent? Am I really supposed to believe that?" Sadie crossed her arms now, looking up at me with a mixture of hurt and defiance. This whole thing could have been avoided if I had just let Missy walk back to her stupid dorm and get a shirt her damn self. 

"Are you going to believe her over me?" I finally asked, pointing between Missy and myself. I watched as Sadie eyed the two of us, wheels turning in her head. Surely she'd believe her roommate over my ex who had already threatened her. 

Sadie finally took a deep breath in and faked a weak smile up at me. I couldn't read her emotions anymore, she had turned almost stone cold. 

"What you do in your free time is none of my business, Kent," She glanced at Missy, "I think there's some Chinese in there for you," 

Sadie immediately turned and rushed down the stairwell, away from Missy and I, while I continued to stand in the hallway completely baffled at what had just happened. How had this situation taken such an extreme turn?

"You need to leave," I muttered, pushing past Missy once again and heading back into my room. Missy followed me. 

"What a drama queen," Missy mumbled as she invited herself into my room and flopped down on my bed, glancing over at the Chinese that was still sitting on the other side of the room. "Oh, that's what she was talking about,"

"Get out of my room, now Missy," I snapped, pointing at the door. Missy glared up at me and slowly stood up, not making any move towards the door. "I mean it, I don't know who you think you are,"

"You know exactly who I am," Missy said playfully, sauntering towards me with a grin on her face. "I'm pretty sure you'd love to get to know me better too,"

She placed her manicured hands on my chest and got up on her tiptoes, waiting for me to kiss her like I always had after a fight. Not this time. We weren't together anymore and we never would be. 

I reached up and roughly grabbed her wrists, tugging them away from my skin and dragging her towards the door. 

"I'm done with you Missy, do you understand that? I'm done with your pointless drama and shit attitude. You're nothing but a fucking drama Queen yourself and you have the nerve to call Sadie one?" I pushed Missy out of the room harshly. "Good luck with your abortion, stay the hell out of my life," 

I slammed the door in her face and for a few moments she stayed in the hallway, screaming and pounding on the door. I knew I would have to answer a lot of questions from the guys tomorrow, knowing damn well she was getting the whole attention of the dorm right now. Probably exactly what she was going for anyway. 

Her issues weren't mine anymore. 

After thirty more minutes of seething in my room, overthinking everything, I decided I needed to get out for a while. I couldn't stop thinking about the look on Sadie's face, how cold she had stared at me. It wasn't that big of a deal right? She probably wouldn't care about it in a day or so anyway. 

Instead of laying in my bed, tossing from side to side with my mind running a hundred miles. I decided to head down to the football field and get some sprints out of the way. If anything would take my mind off Sadie it would be killing myself on the field at least. 

I ignored the dozens of phone calls and texts from Missy and even a few from Charlie while I walked down to the field and began my ruthless workout. After an hour and a half of sprints and some speed agility drills I grabbed my bag and began the walk back to the dorm. It was almost curfew so no one was out and about, except two people in the distance. 

As I got closer I quickly realized it was Sadie and Charlie, walking together back to the dorm. Sadie was laughing about something Charlie had said and he was smiling down at her, in an adoring way. 

Something stabbed my chest. Maybe guilt? Maybe jealousy? I had no idea. Seeing the two of them together though left a metallic taste in my mouth and I had to stop myself from bolting over there to talk to Sadie. 

She looked so happy. I don't think I had ever seen her smile that big. And I know I could never make her that happy. 

So instead of going back to the dorm room and facing Sadie, possibly Charlie as well, I turned back around. 

Back to the field it is.