December 22nd

DeeDee was standing in front of her mirror, looking at the dress. She sighed. Just a week ago, she was so sure of this outfit. Now, the thought of what it represented made her nervous. She ran her hand along the bottom of it as it hung up on her closet door.

It was deep red with three-quarter length sleeves and breathable fabric. She was sold on it because of the skater dress style and the high low skirt. Looking at it, the cold shoulder top and all that leg made it seem inappropriate for a holiday/retirement party.

She also thought that this would be her first opportunity to impress Erik in-person. But he had seen her almost everyday since he had arrived in town 4 days ago. He knew what she looked like in casual and professional wear, but not like this. It would be a perfect date night dress but there won't be another opportunity for another 'date' before he leaves.

DeeDee picked up her phone and looked at the time. She dropped down onto the bed and opened her text messages. The last thread was with Erik earlier this morning.

Prince Erik: Good morning Beautiful.

DeeDee 💜: Good morning Erik.

Prince Erik: Are we still on for the party tonight?

DeeDee 💜: Yes, we are.

Prince Erik: Great. I'll pick you up at 6:30.

DeeDee 💜: See you then.

She already agreed to be his date for the night. And it was way too late to back out or go by herself. Erik was gonna be there in an hour. DeeDee took a deep breath and opened a new message.

DeeDee: What do you think? [1 Attachment]

Reena: Ooooh, so you ready to claim him?

DeeDee: I'm serious Serena.

Reena: And so am I?

Reena: This will definitely let you know where you stand with him.

DeeDee: But I already know where I stand with him.

Reena: So, then you just want him to show you off? That's cute.

DeeDee: REENA!!!

Reena: Ok, ok. Calm down.

Reena: Get dressed. And yes, in that outfit.

Reena: Quis and I will be there, if you need a break from all the attention.

DeeDee: I can do this.

Reena: You will do this. And reap the rewards for your effort.

DeeDee: What?

Reena: Gotta run. See you at the party.

"Damnit."

DeeDee threw her phone on the bed and turned up the music. She walked into the bathroom to finish her hair and makeup.

---

Erik sat in his rental. He was nearly half an hour early. But he couldn't wait to see DeeDee. He looked over at the items in his passenger seat. With all the time that he had been spending with her, he finally had the time to pick them up. And he was excited to present them to her.

He decided to take advantage of the cooling evening air and got out of the car. He went to the driver's side back seat and opened the door. He grabbed his suit jacket off the hanger and put it on. Erik pulled it together, fastened the gold buttons, and smoothed out the black material.