December 26th

DeeDee woke up and stretched her arms out. She sat up and looked around at her settings. She was in her bed and could smell him all around her. DeeDee looked down at her hoodie and inhaled. The last thing she remembered was talking to Erik and crying into his chest.

"Oh my god," she closed her eyes. She sniffed the hoodie again, "Well, that didn't go as planned."

DeeDee went to her bathroom and freshened up. She walked to the kitchen and suddenly stopped.

"Good morning Beautiful." He put his cup down as he greeted her.

"Erik," she drew out. "You're still here?"

"I couldn't leave you like that." He walked up to her, "You cried yourself to sleep in my arms. So, I put you in your room and stayed out here last night."

He pointed at her couch. She could see the neat pile of blankets and pillows stacked on one end.

DeeDee looked at him, he was dressed in suit pants, an open button up shirt and an undone tie around his collar. She reached up and buttoned up his shirt.

"Thank you," she spoke softly, "for everything."

"Thank you for talking to me." Erik grabbed her hands in his and kissed her knuckles, "I really like you, too."

She giggled and lowered her eyes, "I do like you, you know. I just need time to think about things."

"Take all the time you need. I know you like me and I will hold that knowledge with me as I leave today."

"You're leaving already?"

"Yeah, I gotta go back and close out the year for the Centers." He lowered their hands, "You know you can come visit me whenever. Just let me know and I got you."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," he leaned over and kissed her. "I hate to greet you and run, but I have a flight to catch."

DeeDee sighed. "And I have brunch with the girls today," she pouted.

"Are you ready for that?"

"No, but I need to handle it now before it gets worse."

"Come here."

DeeDee stepped closer to him. Erik wrapped his arms around her waist, pulled her closer and kissed her again. She reached up around his neck and deepened the kiss. They stayed in that embrace until she pulled back.

"I'm going to need all of that to get through it."

"Take as much as you want. I got more to give." He pecked her all over her face.

"Don't mind if I do?" She tilted his head down towards her.

DeeDee giggled into the kiss as Erik nibbled on her lips.

---

DeeDee parked her car and held onto the steering wheel. Erik wouldn't let her follow him to the airport, so they said their goodbyes at her place. Now, she was sitting in the restaurant parking lot, getting up the nerve to face her so-called friends. She said a short prayer and got out of the car.

Beverly and Phyllis were already seated at their usual table. They stood up and she waved them off. She sat down and no one said anything. DeeDee ordered some hot peppermint tea.

All three just looked at one another. Phyllis picked up her drink and took a sip.

"We heard about the job." Beverly opened up the conversation.

"You're taking it right?" Phyllis asked.

"I don't know yet. I've been thinking about my future and where I see myself."