19~ Eric

When his father told him what he was, what he really was, it was like a chain reaction went off inside Eric. A flash of anger, a pushing at the base of his skull, and the sudden need to tear everything in the room apart.

He had barely registered what he had said to the entire room before he bolted. Everything around him passed by in a blur, the only thing he could hear were echoes in his mind, and it wasn't his voice that spoke.

"He was the one in my way."

Eric had been hearing this voice since he had came here. It was comforting in an odd way, the voice. The sound of it so familiar, that he always felt at ease when it suddenly entered his mind. It was the only thing that had gotten him through his first shift, and the only thing that comforted him that very night besides his sister.

This time, the change was near painless. The only thing that hurt was his torso feeling like it was being torn apart, the growth of his fingernails into claws, and his teeth sharpening out of his skull.

Then he was running. Paws pounding damp earth. Trees flying by in tones of dark and light grays. Light filtering in and out of his vision.

Eric hadn't a clue where he was going, just that he had to get away before he tore everyone apart.

Go back.

What?

Kill them all.

Eric felt himself stop at a river bank, a new voice that hadn't been there before entering his head. It wasn't comforting like the other one. This one felt cold and dark, like stone and darkness. The other one was warm and sweet, like sunshine and vanilla.

He didn't like the new one. .

Kill.

Eric roared.

NO!

He spoke back in his mind.

KILL.

He gave the same response as last time, but this made the unknown voice push back even harder.

KILL!

"Hey."

Eric whipped around, his breathing labored from fighting off this terrible voice in his head.

Her.

What? No.

You don't have any other choice.

It was as if all the anger in the entire world flooded him then. His vision turned red. All Eric wanted to do was destroy.

Eric stalked towards his sister as she spoke, not bothering to retain a word she said. He wouldn't, he couldn't, for all that was in him now was darkness. He stalked closer and closer, but she was perfectly relaxed, showing no fear towards him.

How disrespectful of her to not bow before the earth's most powerful creation.

Please, she's my sister.

All the more reason.

"It would have changed us, and he didn't want it to." The closer his beast form got, the more the real Eric tried to fight it. It was like trying to run upstream through a strong current. He kept being pushed back opressed.

Kill.

No.

NOW.

"-come home."

He charged, teeth needing to rip something open, claws needing to dig into something, but his mind and body weren't his anymore. He was on autopilot, with someone else flying the plane. Within two seconds he reached her, realizing how small she actually was compared to him. He was just about to clamp down around her smaller body, when something extraordinary happned.

"Come home."

Eric felt light fill his entire being. Gone was the darkness of that auful voice he had been hearing. There was no more rage. Only the familiar feeling of sunshine and vanilla.

"Come home."

He sunk down on his paws, bowing his head and reveling in the comforting feeling. Ariel didn't take her hand off of his head until his breathing became even and his electric purple eyes were half way closed.

Eric was at peace, like a warm blanket just out of the dryer was lay on him and he himself lay down on the ground.

They stayed like that for a while, Ariel petting his large head, Eric feeling at peace for the first time in days.

The only thing that broke him out of his trance was a rough voice speaking to Ariel.

Dad.