14~ Panic

I felt numb as I stood there, watching the pack tear the group apart. Limbs flew in every direction, blood splattered the once beautiful green grass, and heads literally rolled. It wasn't until the carnage was over and done that I felt a hand on my shoulder.

On instinct I twisted the hand away from me, spun around, and secured the arm behind that person's back. At least, that was my intention until they twisted out of my hold and pinned me against their chest.

"Ariel!" I struggled and elbowed the person, only seeing white. It was like the trees were caving in on me, I couldn't breath, the sky was pressing me to the forest floor, and everything spun. My heart stuttered in my chest. I was suffocating.

"Ariel! It's Jonah!" The person pushed me so I was facing him and shook me so I met their eyes. Blue, slightly turned down at the edges, protected by thick eyelashes, and filled with concern.

I greedily sucked in a huge gulp of air, my lungs able to finally function. I braced my self on his arms, my whole body shaking.

"What the hell was that?" I questioned in a barely there voice. He pulled my body to him without a second thought, holding me close but loosely.

As if he was afraid I would break.

"I think you just had a panic attack." I nodded as my hands clawed to get a good grip on the bare muscles of his back. His skin was hot under my cheek and hands, and it felt slippery.

I pushed him away taking in his whole form. His legs leading all the way up to his gym shorts that were covered in red. The shorts had red hand marks on them where he must've wiped his hands before he touched me. His arms didn't escape unscathed, and his back had to be covered in the hot sticky liquid as well. The only part that wasn't touched was his stomach and chest, where the underbelly of his wolf had been when he shifted.

"You need to get cleaned up." Without another word from me, I pulled his hand toward the house. He objected by pulling me back to face him.

"That can wait. I'm more worried about why you just had a panic attack and why the hell you are out here by yourself in the first place. Do you know how stupid that was of you? You could've gotten hurt, or worse! " His face held the one emotion that I couldn't take from him right now. Anger.

I was too weak from what just happened to argue. Meeting his eyes, Jonah paused on what he was about to say, his gaze softening as he took me in.

"Can we talk about this inside?" By my tone, he knew I didn't want to fight about this, that I couldn't, right now at least.

Jonah shook his head in agreement, this time picking me up like a princess (and like I weighed nothing) and carrying me towards the house.

"I can walk just fine you know." It was more a statement than a question. Trust me, I was perfectly fine with being this close to him, but I would die of mortification if Eric or Dad saw us like this.

"What makes you think this is for you?" He looked straight at me as he kept his pace toward the house. I was frozen as I felt him climb the steps, still keeping eye contact with me.

We entered only to find it deserted.

"Where is everyone? Where's Dad and Eric?" I asked as I saw dishes with food on them still on the table. The kitchen was half way cleaned with only the counters dirty and a sink full of dishes. He walked up the stairs with me still in his arms, and stepped inside what I assumed to be his room.

"Once the Hunters were taken care of I linked them all and told them to go back to their homes and take the day off. Your dad and Eric are in Eric's room with Alex."