2~ AP Lit

Sun cut through the blinds and onto my face as my alarm went off. I slowly rolled over, actually looking forward to going to school today.

If I spent one more day in this house or unpacking or even seeing a cardboard box, I'd probably lose my mind. It was a miracle that we got everything done in two days, though there was still some things we needed, we had the essentials.

I spent a few minutes scrolling through Buzzfeed before finally getting up. I put on jeans, a button up white flannel, my maroon vest, and my brown duck boots. There was no way I was going to be able to get all the tangles out of my ash brown, curly hair, so I left it in a bun on top of my head. I skipped the makeup, hating the feeling of something on my skin.

I brushed my teeth quickly in the bathroom across the hall from my bedroom, passing a sluggish Eric on my way.

"Morning." I said, only to get a grunt in reply. Typical.

It was 6:15 by the time I got downstairs and got breakfast going. Making a pot of coffee, over easy eggs, bacon, and toast, brought both Eric and Dad into the kitchen. It was times like these that they really resembled each other.

"Morning, Dad." I kissed him on the top of his head as he sat down at the table and I filled up his plate.

"Morning, will you guys be ready to leave by 6:40?" I looked at the clock, 6:25. I nodded and dug into my own plate as Eric stared into space. I clapped my hands in front of his face.

"Yeah." Was all he said after being startled. I shook my head.

Boys.

Getting out of the car as Dad found a parking spot, I realized just how small this town was. The building looked as if it was just one big stretch of hallway. No second story could be seen form the front of the school, and I doubted it had a very big basement.

"Well," Eric started, "at least we won't have to worry about being late to class."

"What?" He still looked dazed from waking up this morning. Or was he not feeling good? The latter would be odd considering-

"'Cause the school is so small."

"It is, isn't it?" Dad asked as he made his way to the curb. He was the new English teacher at the school, which I liked.

I liked having my family close to me.

I scanned the outside, finally finding the big wolf statue Sam had told me to look for. She was there, standing in a jean skirt, a quirky Star Wars t-shirt, and high tops.

"I'll catch up with you guys later."

I made my way over and waved to get her attention. Sam's face lit up as I stopped in front of her with a grin of my own.

"Hey! Wow, I love that vest." I was about to thank her when she continued, "have you gotten your schedule yet? Oh, duh! You haven't, 'cause you haven't even walked into the school. C'mon!" She looped her arm through mine and started for the doors. She was a lot more energetic than I thought.