6~ The Long Story

Elsa Venandi scoured the hill from her perch on the tree. It was a normal hunting day, the breeze blew softly through her ash brown hair, picking up her pony tail, making a few strands blow across her shoulder. The sun beat down on the grass, making the green appear as if it were glowing. Just like her mark on the inside of her wrist.

It looked like a crescent moon, filled with delicate swirls and the original hunters symbol, looping in towards the empty space of the crescent and dropping down in what looked like a drop of blood.

It glowed and pulsed darkly, seeming to come off her skin in waves of shadow. It was close, the mark knew, and it sharpened her senses.

Twigs broke and snapped under foot, or paws, as something made its way towards the hill. Elsa listened and waited, letting it get close. Right when it was under her tree, she sprang like a cat on an unsuspecting mouse. She landed on it, rolling it under her on the ground, and she felt hands go around her waist in a surprised manner, ready to throw her off. Elsa's dagger pressed hard into its neck as a warning. Its shout of surprise fell on deaf ears . She wasn't giving up the chance to kill.

It was a man. A very large, very handsome man.

Just like they all were.

His bulging oval eyes stared up at her in surprise. They were impossibly green, matching the grass perfectly. The light reflecting off them just the same. Dark eyebrows scrunched together in confusion as he felt the knife press harder and harder into his skin, burning it there, but he didn't flinch away.

He was in awe of her.

The sun back-lit her, making her hair a halo around the angel faced hunter that was currently on top of him. She was small for her job, probably making it almost impossible to capture her in a fight, she could easily weasel out of anything. Her elvish nose scrunched at the noise and smell of his burning flesh.

For some reason unknown to her, she didn't want to kill him. Didn't feel the burning need that usually closed up her throat, turned her muscles to fire. She let up on the dagger a little in astonishment.

Then found herself under the very man she was trying to kill.

"Not quick enough, Princess." She struggled, trying to kick him where it would hurt, but he pinned her limbs down with his, and he was heavy. She stopped and blew the hair that had escaped her ponytail out of her face.

"If you're gonna kill me, just do it." He looked down at her in bewilderment and sprang off her like she burned him again.

It was a possibility, though, considering how much silver she had on her.

"Why would I kill you?" She sat up and shrugged, leaves sticking to her black tank top and hair.

"Why wouldn't you?"