A/N - The Story So Far

Hello everyone! I just wanted to thank all 8.6k of you that have taken the time to read my book! You have no idea how much this means to me, as I want to eventually be a published author and have that as my job. You guys reading, commenting, and voting on this story just affirms the fact that it can be a possibility someday! So, thank you again!

As we are now halfway through the story, I thought it might be fun to give you guys a story profile of sorts. This will clarify some of the lore, character details, and further story development. So, without further ado, let's get started! 

Characters

Ariel Lowell
Pronunciation: air-REE-ell LO-wool
Age: 17
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color/ Texture: Ash Brown/ Curly
Status: Alive
Species: Lycian/Hunter Hybrid

Family:
   Eric Lowell (Brother)
   Josias "John" Lowell (Father)
   Elsa Venandi (Mother)
   Alec (Paternal Uncle)
   Orrin (Paternal Uncle)
   Lycone (Paternal Grandfather)

Relationships:
   Jonah Lykos (Love Interest/ Mate)
   Samantha Thayer (Best Friend)
   Kyle Thayer (Best Friend)
   Alex Locklear (Acquaintance)
   Kaden Mikami (Acquaintance)

Enemies:
   Elsa Venandi
   The Hunters
   Other Evil/ Violent Paranormal Creatures

Bio:

Ariel is a sassy, sarcastic, cunning, and very headstrong young woman (yes, she would probably be sorted into slytherin). In various situations, she has shown herself to be very capable of thinking with a clear head and coming up with plans of execution on the spot. When things get too serious, she often defaults to humor to lighten the tension, sometimes without even meaning to and usually at the wrong moments. She hates showing vulnerability and weakness, as shown in her refusal to cry in front of people and alone. She has taken on the protector role over everyone she cares about, as that's what she had to do when her mother left her, her father, and her brother when she was young and found out about Eric's true nature. She has killed various creatures that were too far gone in their own bloodlust to save, and it haunts her. She knows that having the ability to kill and wanting to kill are two very different things, but still carries the guilt about all of the creatures' lives she has ended. She's still learning about the new supernatural world around her, and as the reader, you will learn as she does. 

 Abilities

    Eye Color Manipulation - She can turn her eyes from their usual green to a bright violet color, thus showing her true nature.
    Enhanced Speed/Strength - The most basic ability that comes from both her Lycan and Hunter descent.
    Enhanced Senses/ Healing - Mainly from her Lycan descent.
    Combat Training - She has trained with her mother, then with her father since she was young in various fighting styles. She usually uses hand to hand combat as a last resort.
    Weapons Training - She is a superior marksman of all trades (guns, bow and arrow, crossbows, etc.). However, she prefers using daggers, as they give her a certain degree of stealth. Think of anything that could do a person bodily harm, and there you have all the weapons she has probably figured out how to use to do so.
    Mind Link - She can speak mentally with different people she is close to.
    Others - ??? You're gonna have to read to find out!

If you would like other character profiles, comment the ones you would like to see! ->

World Lore

Werewolves

Descended from Lycans. Throughout the years, the Lycan gene has slowly faded away due to it being recessive, thus making the Were-gene recessive. A Werewolf is the combination of either a Lycan/human, Lycan/Werewolf, Werewolf/human, or Werewolf/Werewolf. They can transform fully into a wolf form, which is much bigger than a normal wolf, think more like bear size. They are impervious to silver, wolfsbane, holly, mistletoe, and there is no known cure. They have enhanced speed, reflexes, senses, healing, agility, speed, and can communicate with each other and other humans through a mind link. Also, they are usually born with different symbols, or moon glyphs, that mark their defining trait. For example, the symbol shown on Kyle is chapter seven means "will," hinting that his will is unshakable, and Jonah's symbol shown in chapter 9 meaning "power." This helps to differentiate between families in the supernatural world. Their eye color is based on their hierarchy: