Reach

Prompt: Something the Mandolorian had never mentioned was his fear of  Water. Takes place in that one episode where the other mandolorians come in and the ship monster.

Song listened to while making and gave partial inspiration: Little Pistol- Mother Mother

___________\|\|\|\|\|\|\|__________

Aquaphobia(noun)- An irrational or disproportionate fear of water, especially anxiety in deep water or when submerging ones face in water...

"Grogu?" the Mandolorian tilted his visor down at the young creature, "hoOh?" came the small reply of the little green creature, "Stay close, I don't trust these people." he turned to you, "You as well." he stated even more firmly, you nodded, you knew not to argue with him when he used that serious of a voice.

You board the ship and go the the side with the     child, Din following closely behind, You held your head up on the voyage letting the salty air consume you, it reminded you of your childhood growing up on a sea like planet before you were taken over by Imp's thankfully Mandy was there on a bounty and took you while you felt at peace you noticed that the further out you got the more tense Din got.

You felt his hand on your wrist as if he was searching for a pulse. Then a squid looking man came up and asked if we would like to see a creature eat from below deck, I wanted agree but i could sense that Din was unsure so I let him decide, he eventually nodded and you walked with the child's pod next to you.

You were looking into the small 9x10 abyss when suddenly the child's pod was shoved towards the water, as you began to lurch forward in instinct you heard Din beating the shit out of someone as you saw a creature come up and grab the pod, without thinking you dived in and tried to acquire the child with not avail, you felt a ripple and saw Din sinking a bit after being pushed in as the gate closed. You could feel fear radiating off Din stronger than worry... but of what?

You continued to dove for the child and then you heard the clanking and body's falling to the ground then the gate was opened, Din made sure you were out first before exiting himself as you gasped "a child in the creature" to the nearest Mandolorian as they nodded and dived into the water, soon enough the pod was up and you grabbed at the child picking him up and holding him close to you.

Din is right behind but he's not up he's not with you, you fear that he'd been hurt by the ships captain or crew so you go to him quickly while gingerly holding the child, you can hear soft quick breathing underneath his helmet coming through the modulator. "Din?" you ask gently his eyes stay glued to the ground you look up at the other mandolorians and give a grateful smile while you motion, asking them to disperse, once they've gone he takes trembling hands to your face and leans forward, his helmet against your forehead in a keldable kiss.

He holds Grogu in between you and him hugging you both close, I thought I lost you two he whispered. As you sat there a single thought came to mind... everyone is afraid of something even the toughest of the tough.

___________\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\___________

WORD COUNT: 569 words
I hope you enjoyed and as per usual is you have any questions comments or requests please let me know and I will get back to you as soon as I can :)