Oneshot based on dark red by steve lacy

Hey you guys, i know it's been a while i've been busy and just haven't had much motivation to write but after seeing how many people are enjoying this and by the way thank you all so much for 14.9 Reads and 361 votes! i appreciate all of you and would love if you could give me some requests so i can keep getting motivation and ideas to provide these stories for you all. please feel free to leave them here, there will be another reminder at the bottom and any critiques and requests are all fine and if you want message me with them, alright enough rambling and on with the story:]...

———————————————————————————————
Din's POV:

Something bad's about to happen to me. I don't know it but i feel it coming.

    We were fighting again, I was too careless again. They were tired of it.

Might be so sad might leave my nose running.

   They were scolding me while cleaning up my face while I continued to try to defend myself, even if I knew I was wrong I was too proud and had to have the last word and be right.

I just hope she don't want to leave me.

"It was a necessary risk." I pushed for the 6th time my voice raising in volume this time however, "It wasn't and we   almost lost you. I'm warning you, you pull this one more time I'm taking the kid and we are leaving, you are getting reckless Din." ouch. that one stung, I should have held my tongue in retrospect, but pride got the better of me. "Maybe if  I didn't have you breathing down my neck all the time i would be a little less frustrated and become a little more careful, if my 'risks' are  such a big deal then maybe you should leave and go back to your family, oh wait their dead." too far. What I said I didn't mean of course it was defensive and out of anger but that didn't justify what I said. they were crying now. shit.

Don't you give me up, please don't give up. Honey, I belong with you, and only you, baby.

"I'm sorry." I said, might be the first time i've actually said it and not be off handed, I didn't know if I would come back from this though. I had been walking on egg shells for quite some time, only problem is I was the one crushing the eggs.

Only you, my girl, only you, babe. Only you, darling, only you, babe. Only you, my girl, only you, babe. only you, darling only you.

I think it has to do with the fact that I don't know how to control my emotions, I've never cared for anyone before much less a baby and probably the most angelic person i've ever met. No matter what I did they were always patient and understanding, or at least they tried to. But now, I'm pushing them to the end of their rope, believe me I don't want to and I don't know why but I just keep going. "You know I love you" I've said it again a common sentence now being used for a wrong reason. What am I doing.

What if she's fine? It's my mind that's wrong. And I just let bad thoughts. Linger for far too long.

"yes." they replied this time quieter, they doesn't deserve this, but she knows i'm trying to be better. Right now I think that's what counts, why their still here.

What if (if) she's fine? (fine?). It's my mind that's wrong. And I just (just) let bad thoughts (thoughts). Linger for far too long.

I pulled them in for a hug, I stood there with my arms wrapped around them telling them how much I did appreciate them, that I was sorry. And, of course, that I would do better. I was determined to make it work thick or thin I knew I needed them, I kissed the top of their head and said quietly "I'll go check on the kid" letting my arms fall I stood there for a moment and the. walked out into the hull towards the baby's cot. Grogu looked at me disapprovingly I sighed and nodded my head to acknowledge that he was right, then scooped him up to go put some rations together for dinner.

Don't you give me up, please don't give up. Honey, I belong, with you, only you, baby.

After I had made sure Grogu was fed I fixed two plates and headed down the ladder, placing Grogu in his floating cradle thing I opened the small sleeper and saw them on their side, I placed the food down on the small shelf in the wall and laid down next to them and played with the hair on the back of their neck, "I brought food." slowly sitting up they grabbed the small tray and began to eat, after waiting a little I grabbed the tray i brought for myself and began to eat. Once they were done they laid back down, tired after a long day, again I of course followed suit. I looked at them as they quickly drifted off and promised to do better. I had to if I wanted to keep Them and the kid around.

Only you, my girl, only you babe. Only you, darling, only you babe. Only you, my girl only you, babe. Only you, darling, only you.
_______________________________
WORD COUNT: 916
Thank you all for reading this relatively angsty one shot and please remember that if there are any issues, constructive criticism, or requests, that they are welcome, and asked for. feel free to leave them anywhere here in the book or message me. Thank you all! Peace out babies ✌︎︎

🎉 You've finished reading ✌︎ 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗 𝙾𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚜/𝙸𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜 ☘︎︎ 🎉