Chapter 8

Three days have gone by, Midoriya was extremely worried about Gon, who still hadn't returned to school. Midoriya repeatedly cried about Gon's disappearance to his mother. He tried getting her to call the police or tell the pro-heroes, but she didn't want to bother anyone. Even Bakugo told his parents about Gon's absences. They thought it was a joke at first, but after seeing Bakugo's serious face, they stood up and went to call the police.

     The Bakugos invited the Midoriyas to discuss the Amanos while they waited for the police. Inko, Mitsuki, and Masaru talked and the boys went into Bakugo's room.
     "Do you think they moved?" Inko asked, fidgeting with her fingers. Mitsuki pondered, hand under chin.
     "I don't think so, after all, we would've seen a sale sign," Mitsuki responded.
     "Especially because we are only three blocks away," Masaru added. Mitsuki nodded.

     Inko put her hand to her cheek, eyes trailing off to the side. She was extremely anxious, and whenever she was stressed she needed to eat.
     "I hope they aren't in any danger, the Amanos are so kind. Whenever it was earth day, they'd go to every house in the neighborhood and give us little plants," Inko recalled. She used her quirk to take one of the cookies from the coffee table.

     "Those plants were beautiful," Mitsuki praised. The other two adults nodded in agreement, remembering how they would put them for display in their houses.
     "Bakugo got a chili plant from them, he doesn't let anyone touch it. I think he named it, but I don't remember what it was. Once, I went to pick off the chilies for a Chili I was making and he came running at me with his quirk activated. After a good slap on the head, he deactivated his quirk and I gave him the chilies. He buried the chilies and made it into this whole little funeral, even inviting Izuku and Gon!" Mitsuku laughed, hand on her stomach.

     The laughing came to a close when they heard Bakugo's embarrassed mom shout. Midoriya just watched with curious eyes, watching the adults go back and forth with Bakugo. Midoriya went over to his mother, asking for a cookie. Bakugo walked over to the coffee table, taking a cookie for himself.
     "Do you think they took the frog?" Bakugo suddenly asked.

     "I'm sure he did!" Midoriya panicked, thinking about if they left Kōki alone and starving in the house.
     "Midoriya is right, from what I've seen, Gon never leaves without the frog or that cat toy," Mitsuki explained. Midoriya let out a sigh of relief before shrieking at the knock on the door.

     "It's the Pizza delivery," a female cheerfully called. Midoriya slumped to the ground, feeling his soul descend. Inko shook her son, trying to wake him up. Mitsuki wondered when they ordered pizza and then glared at Bakugo who was holding twenty bucks in his hands. Masaru grabbed the twenty dollars and stood up, opening the front door. The pizza delivery girl had orange hair, half of it tied into spaced buns and the other half down. She also seemed to have a strong orange-scented perfume on.

     After paying for the Pizza and closing the door, another knock was heard. Once again, Masaru opened the door and this time it was the police.
     "Sorry I'm- oh hey, is that pizza? I mean, Sorry I'm late. I just finished sending a villain to jail," the officer explained. Masaru allowed the police inside, they looked around, observing the area.

     "So when were the Amanos family last seen?" the officer asked, pulling out their notes.
     "Friday, just a while after school," Midoriya answered.
     "Friday late in the afternoon, I think. I saw them packing," Bakugo recalled.
     "Packing?!" Mitsuki yelled, had she known this sooner she would've known they just went camping or something like that.

     "Packing?" the officer asked, doting that down. Bakugo then went on explaining what he saw that afternoon. Once the police officer was done asking questions, he concluded that 1. they are having a long camping trip and forgot to tell everyone, 2. The campsite is far, 3. something happened during the trip. After summarizing their conversation, the police officer grabbed their walkie talkie and reported the missing people.