Chapter 6

Hopping out of the car, with Killua and Kōki in his hands, Gon stood there with a smile. He walked around with a slight bounce on every step. They had arrived in the forest and began to unpack everything. The Amanos set up the tent, Gon went to collect wood, and Kōki was watching Killua. Kōki looked at Killua, wondering if the plushie was dead or not. He always wondered why he never moved. Kōki smacked Killua before shaking violently for a good minute. Pleased with making his status as the dominant animal, Kōki went on a food search.

(Lemon: Did you know some frogs shake their bodies to show dominance, mainly they shake their bums. Do as you will with this information :) )

Kōki hopped around the forest, making sure to stay hidden from predators. He spotted an anthill and hid nearby. Any ants that came near and he hit them with his tongue, swallowing the small insects. Kōki continued to eat while he heard Gon screaming in the background, doing whatever Gon does. The frog decided to go back to Killua and drag him on the dirty ground. Kōki then cleared his throat, doing something unexpected.

"Alright, seeing as you're Gon's second best friend, I'll teach you how to survive in the wilderness," Kōki explained. Kōki went ahead and built a small shelter out of large grass and leaves. Once finished he dragged Killua inside the shelter.
"You're lucky you have a mentor like me. I mean, not every frog has the ability to speak and do the things I do," Kōki cockily spoke. Kōki gathered some mud on the floor, rubbing it onto Killua's face.

"First lesson, camouflage. Your white fur is no good in the wild, so you'll have to put some mud and leaves on to cover yourself. Of course, I have to do it myself because you're incapable of doing anything." Kōki placed a few leaves on the back of Killua. He then went on about how to attack prey and hide from predators. When he figured Killua was ready, he kicked him out of the shelter and into the open space.

"Good luck!" Kōki shouted, watching from his spot. A few minutes go by and Kōki gets inpatient, he hopped forward to complain, but then a bird swooped down and snatched Killua. Kōki's eyes widen in fear, realizing what he did to Gon's (he hates to admit it) favorite thing in the world.

"NO!" Kōki shouted, hopping after the bird. 'I'm dead, definitely dead! Last time Gon lost Killua he went into a rampage and broke everything!' Kōki mentally screamed.

_______________________________________

~A few minutes before the Killua tragedy began~

"Gon, have you seen Kōki and Killua?" Mr. Amano asked as he built the fireplace. Gon shook his head before giving him a reassuring smile.
"I'm sure everything is fine! I can always count on Kōki to care for Killua!" Gon claimed before his face went dark and continued on, "and if anything happens to either of them, I'm going to commit a crime."

Mr. Amano jumped in place, shocked by his words. He let out a burst of nervous laughter. 'We sure picked one hell of a kid.'
"How about you don't do that. I don't know what your old folks taught you, but what you said there ain't right," he pointed out. Gon frowned at the mention of his old caretakers.
"I'm sorry," Gon mumbled. He gathered more wood while thinking about Shigaraki.
"It's alright, just know you're in good hands now," Mr. Amano laughed. 'I'm no longer alone.'

Gon beamed at his parental figure, giving him a nod. He went over to Mrs. Amano who just finished setting up the large tent.
"Oh, Gon! Just the person I want to see, can you help me bring the sleeping bags inside? My back is getting worse with every passing day," Mrs. Amano asked, rubbing her back. 'I have them now.'

"I like to help!" Gon declared, running off to the trunk. 'Shigaraki didn't want me, so I shouldn't want him.' Gon paused, staring down. 'He just didn't want to hurt me.' Gon recalled that whenever Shigaraki hung out with him, he would have strange stone hands around himself. Shigaraki also kept his distance and tried not to touch him. 'Was it because of his destructive quirk?'