Chapter 13

Everything was going alright for Gon. He was having the best time at school. Hanging out with Tsuyu and sometimes with the children from the foster system. Gon learned Tsuyu can be shy at times but when she wanted to, she'll say just about anything on her mind.

     On some occasions, Gon would call Tsuyu 'Sassy Frog' for her remarkable comebacks. Tsuyu's preferred the nickname Tsu, though. Gon came up with it when he was stumbling with his words. Tsuyu tried to give Gon a nickname too but it was quite difficult. Especially because his name was short.

    Tsuyu suggested Go-Go, but Gon scrunched up his face in disgust. Tsuyu tried Freak, but Gon said it sounded insulating, but he couldn't deny it fit him. Tsuyu laughed a good while during that. In the end, they decided Gon didn't need a nickname. So instead they went over Hero names. The two children shared an interest in becoming pro heroes.

"So far I have Hunter. That's all," Gon explained to Tsuyu. Looking for a book to read in the library.
"Why Hunter, ribbit?" Tsuyu asked.
"Because I'll be hunting villains down and putting them in jail!" Gon explained.
"I see, ribbit," Tsuyu said. Gon grabbed a book off the shelf and smiled.
"I found it!" Gon said gleefully. Tsuyu tilted her head and looked over Gon's shoulder. The proximity made Gon blush and shuffle away.

"It's a book about how to take care of frogs," Gon explained, hiding his face behind the book.
"Don't you already know a lot about frogs though, ribbit ribbit?" Tsuyu asked.
"Yeah, but it never hurts to learn more or double-check what you know," Gon mumbled. Tsuyu ohed and nodded her head.
"That does sound like a good idea, rabbit," Tsuyu said.

"You're ribbiting more than usual Tsu," Gon pointed out.
"Ribbit?" Tsuyu croaked, tilting her head and placing her finger on her chin.
"Are you having a good day today?" Gon asked, opening the book. Tsuyu nodded.
"Yeah, today just seems like a great day for me, ribbit ribbit," Tsuyu answered.
"So... Have you figured out what your hero name is yet?" Gon asked.

"I want people to feel safe when they hear my hero name. I did not find a name yet though, ribbit," Tsuyu answered. Gon ohed and closed the book, holding it with both his hands.
"It will be frog-themed right?" Gon questioned. Tusyu nodded her head. The two children went back to walking around the library.

"Maybe you can try The Hopping Hero: Froggy!" Gon suggested.
"I'm not sure, something about that just isn't right," Tsuyu responds, hand to her chin.
"Well, I think Froggy is a good hero name. You should stick with that," Gon said. Tsuyu giggled, making butterflies swarm in Gon's stomach. Gon blushed and became a bit overconfident.

"Oh what about Frog hero: Froggy? Or, Friendly hero: Froggy!" Gon suggested. Gon continued to name a few more, making Tsuyu giggled even more. She laughed loudly at Happy Hero: Sassy Froggy. Gon seemed dead set on having a name with Froggy in it, but Tsuyu thought it was too simple. The librarian shushed the two children, causing Gon and Tsuyu to run out of the library in giggles. The librarian stood at the door and snatched the book Gon had grabbed before shutting the door closed. The librarian didn't allow them back in for the rest of the day.

____________________________

When Gon would walk to school with the rest of the children, they had to walk in a line. The oldest child was in charge and even bought himself a whistle and a flag to seem like a commander. Gon found it silly and he would sometimes purposely step out of line so he could hear the whistle. The children at the front didn't like that and would send silent glares at Gon. The black-haired boy would only laugh, causing the oldest to blow his whistle more.

Today was just like every other day, walking to school in their organized line, and chatting about how they were doing in class. When they arrived at the school, Gon immediately went off to the library. The other children also broke away from the line, leaving to see their friends or teachers.