Chapter 3

"Gon, sweetie, are you done changing?" an old lady asked as she looked up from her book. Her ashy grey hair was tied into a bun and she wore a pink flowery dress.
     "Yeah!" Gon shouted while running down the stairs with Kōki sitting on his head. He was wearing a blue shirt with a white-collar, his name was written on a white circle that was inside a yellow star. He also wore green shorts and green boots.

     Mrs. Amano stood up from her chair, grabbing a hairbrush, hair iron, and hair spray. She told Gon to place Kōki on the table and began to style his hair, making sure that none of his hair spiked up. She was confused as to why the boy didn't like his natural hairstyle, but if he wanted it down, she'll keep it down. Gon knew that Mrs. Amano liked his hair just the way it was, but he didn't feel the same, to him it felt unnatural and weird.

     "Alright, go grab your stuff," the lady instructed. Gon nodded his head with a wide smile. He placed Kōki back on his head and ran off. Entering the kitchen, Gon spot Mr. Amano.
     "Dad!" Gon greeted with his arms up in the air. Kōki copied Gon's movements, putting his front legs up and let out a ribbit. Mr. Amano looked down at the two and smiled.
     "You two look excited today," Mr. Amano said as he handed Gon an empty bento box with chopsticks and silverware. Gon nodded his head, grabbing the items.

     "First day of school!" Gon announced with a huge grin on his face. The man laughed as Gon ran off. Kōki was holding on for his dear life, not wanting to fall. The boy placed the bento box in his yellow backpack before making sure all his supplies were in his backpack. He then put his backpack on and g rabbed his custom-made kitten plushie that he named Killua. He didn't know why, but he liked that name.

     "When can we go into the forest?" Gon asked suddenly as he placed the plushie on the coffee table. He wanted it to greet him when he came back home.
     "We'll go soon, just wait, okay sweetie?" Mrs. Amano responded. Gon frowned. He has been waiting for a long time to go again. He felt right at home when he was surrounded by nature.
     "When we do, we can go fishing!" Mr. Amano declared. Gon's smiled returned as his head snapped towards his father. He frightened them, but they quickly calmed down.

     Gon loved it when they went fishing. How they would catch the fish and return them into the pond. Sometimes they would even cooking the fish. Mr. Amano called Gon a natural, especially when Gon caught the largest fish in the pond. Remembering that moment caused Gon to itch his head, he felt like he was forgetting something.

     Gon didn't worry about that, instead he took his gloves off after giving Kōki to his father. He hugged Mr. and Mrs. Amano before grabbing his green bag with his indoor shoes inside it and then left for school. Other children his age were walking there in groups or duos. Gon didn't have any friends to walk with, he was too busy shoving plants from the backyard in his mouth and studying their effects. One time, Gon was sent to the hospital and the couple was forced to fence the garden.

     Gon grew a little sad, but he didn't mind not having friends, though it would be nice. The only kid he was close to was Shigaraki, but they only hung out a few times. He remembered when Shigaraki would sneak him out of the house so they could go to the arcade. Of course, when The Man found out, they got in trouble. Mainly because Gon was still two at the time.

     "You're so amazing!" a voice boomed from nearby. Gon turned his head to see a boy with messy green and black hair. He wore the same uniform as Gon, the only difference was the color of the shorts, his was blue.
     "Of course I am!" bragged a boy with spiky blond hair and wore the same uniform, but with black shorts. Gon watched their interactions, seeing that the bushy-haired kid was mainly doing the talking, which was just praising. When the other boy talked, he would only talk about how amazing he was. Gon was confused if they were friends or not and began to stare for too long.