Chapter 12

"When I become a hero, I'll make sure to save peoples' lives, so no more kids have to lose their parents. A-and I'll send money to foster care programs so they can give the children better living situations!" Gon said, writing his goals down next to a drawing of his hero self.

    You see, Gon and a few others were moved to another foster care house temporarily because of space. While staying there, he noticed the horrible conditions the kids were in. There was a social ladder, kids were left to starve, and the adults barely even cared what the children did. Gon got beaten up quite a lot because of how weak his quirk was. Plenty of food was given to the most powerful kids and the weaker ones got less. This all reminded Gon of preschool and it disgusted him.

    "Hunter-umm... Work in progress! I'll figure out my hero name some other time. I can be crazy but I'll be a caring hero who'll hunt to reunite peoples' families and hunt down villains to put them in jail!" Gon proudly said.
    "My first mission will be to find Shigaraki and on the side, I'll find the one who may or may not have killed my parents," Gon said, grabbing a pair of goggles he got a while back.

    "Raised to be a villain, but will become the greatest hero," Gon whispered to himself, not wanting the others to hear him.
    "Oooh, and my sidekicks will be Killua and Kōki!" Gon shouted, turning around to face his cat plushie and frog. His other toys were scattered on his bed as well. Gon walked over to Hisoka The Magician and slowly turned him around.
    "Much better..."

____________________________

    "Get dressed, get dressed!" A worker shouted, combing a child's hair. Their foster care program finally made the money to send the children off to school. The only times they didn't go are when they are too young, have extreme trouble being in public, or have a meeting for a potential new family.

Gon had already gelled his hair down and put on his school uniform. It was a plain white button-up shirt with a black blazer, black shorts, black stockings, and black shoes. Gon felt gloomy at the sight of it, there was absolutely no color.
    "Gon, you don't have to wear that. It is summer you know," A worker said.
    "I know but I like jackets," Gon explained, tugging the blazer a bit down. The worker shrugged and went to assist one of the younger kids to get dressed.

    "Do you still have your old school supplies?" The worker questioned. Gon nodded his head, walking to his bed.
    "Great, then grab your things and head downstairs. The other children going to your school are waiting," The worker explained. Gon went under his bed and pulled out his old randoseru. It was all green with no special decorations.
    "Okay, see you later!" Gon shouted over the noisy kids. Gon ran out of the room, looking through his randoseru to make sure everything was there.

    "There you are Gon! Let me check your randoseru," A friendly worker said, grabbing the randoseru. After making sure everything was in place, she gathered the children at the door.
    "Stay close to me okay. No wondering around," the lady explained, leading the children to their new school. The kids were all so excited, wondering what it will be like.

    Gon was slightly nervous too. It had been a long time since he went to school. Deep down, Gon wanted to see Katsuki and Izuku again, but he knew it wouldn't happen. They were nowhere near Izuku's and Katsuki's neighborhoods. During their walk to the school Gon noticed a familiar head of green hair.

    "Tsuyu?" Gon mumbled, seeing her walk to the same place he was headed to. Gon got excited, hoping the green-haired girl was going to his school. He really hoped to become friends with her.
    "Why does that lady look like she's not wearing any clothes?" one of the children asked, pointing at a woman with dark purple hair. The worker frowned and covered some of the child's eyes.