Chapter 14

"The name's Eraserhead," Aizawa said, tightening the bonds. The villain's jaw dropped and he began to struggle more.
     "Why the hell is an underground hero here?! Don't you normally work at night? Damn it," the villain groaned. Aizawa was shocked that the villain knew that. He was fairly new to hero work after all. The villain looked over at the young boy, only to be blinded by his joyful light.

     "Eraserhead! You saved me again!" Gon joyfully shouted. The young boy smiled widely and spun around.
     "Uh, yeah," Aizawa trailed off, slightly confused. Aizawa dragged the villain towards the back exit of the library where the cops stood.
     "The villain has been captured. Tell the citizens it's safe now and send policemen to search for people hiding on the school grounds," a policeman told his comrade.

The other police officer nodded their head and ran off to where the staff and children had evacuated. Policeman number one went over to the captured villain and placed a quirk canceling bracelet on his ankle. The Policeman took the villain outside towards the police cars.

     "What were you thinking? Why would you try to fight a villain?" A policeman firmly asked Gon. The young boy enthusiastically explains the events.

"I thought he was a kid in danger at first. When I found out he was a villain I got scared. He broke the door and chased me around the library! When I tried to escape I noticed all the people over there. I knew I couldn't take the villain there so I had no choice but to fight him." The police officer sighed and shook his head. Aizawa also looked down at Gon.

"What you did makes a lot of sense. You wanted to keep others safe while also preoccupying the villain until the heroes and police came. Next time just evacuates with everyone else," Aizawa explained. Gon was displeased. If there had been a child, they could've ended up getting hurt if Gon didn't check.

"Okay," Gon grumpily mumbled, clenching the bottom of his shirt. Aizawa sighed and leaned down at Gon.
     "To be honest, what you did may have been dumb, but it shows how great of a hero you'll be when you grow up," Aizawa added. Gon beamed at that, he started imagining saving people and beating up villains. He also imagined bringing justice to his dead parents.
"What's your quirk?" Aizawa asked, curious how Gon fought the villain with it.
"It's Smoke Ears..," Gon mumbled, his energy vanishing. Disappointed was prominent in Gon's voice. Gon was still upset his quirk had not been working.

     "I see, you must have put a smokescreen up so the villain couldn't find you for a while," Aizawa guessed. Gon's lips twist into a tight frown and Aizawa could see the uneasiness inside the boy.
     "A-actually...my quirk didn't want to work," Gon explained looking down at the floor. There were books scattered around from the fight. Gon had expected to be put down due to his lack of control with his quirk, but Aizawa seemed to understand.

     "That's alright, you are still young and you are still learning and growing each day. I'm sure you'll get a handle on your quirk soon enough," Aizawa said, standing back up. He reached his hand out for Gon, who happily accepted it. Together they exit the library and head to the evacuated citizens. The children from Gon's program all ran towards him and piles onto him with relieved hugs.

     When Gon noticed Aizawa was about to leave, he ran up to him and hugged him from behind. It surprised the underground hero, but everything he did today seemed worth it for the smile he saw on Gon's face.
     "I'm so happy I saw you again Aizawa," Gon said, tightening his hug.
     "How do you know my name?" Aizawa asked turning to the boy and crouching in front of him.
     "You saved me before! When I was really little. You found me in the alleyway," Gon remained the hero. Aizawa pondered for a while before rememberinging the boy.