Chapter 7

Gon let out a yawn and slowly opened his eyes. He looked up at the sky, confused on where he was. Sitting up, Gon's hand brushed something furry. He looked down at his hand and saw a brown-orange bear.
     "Kon?" Gon thought out loud, examining the huge creature. He didn't know why, but the sleeping bear reminded him of somebody. Gon shrugged off the thought, not really caring about uncovering his fuzzy memories at the moment.

     Still oblivious as to what situation he was in, Gon stood up, looking around the area. Little bugs crawled on the floor while squirrels scurried in the trees. The bear that was previously sleeping had woken up. 'Where am I again?' Gon asked himself, watching a ladybug crawling on a leaf.

     The bear, who shall henceforth be named Kon, stood up and crawled to Gon. The young boy was still looking around when he was suddenly licked from behind. Gon laughed as he tried to push the eager Kon back. When the Kon was done grooming Gon, he lowered himself and signaled Gon to hop on his back. Gon understood and started climbing the furry beast, taking a couple moments to shift into a comfortable position. The bear walked on all fours, wandering to some unknown place.

     They passed all sorts of animals, each one looking at Gon in curiosity or watching Kon in fear. A monkey even gave him a couple of  bananas at one point, which Gon gratefully took and devoured one in seconds. A few minutes passed and Gon thought he heard a voice, it was similar to the shouting he heard yesterday. Kon seemed to notice as well because he was sniffing around. Gon decided to join in on the search for this mystery voice, quite literally as he was on the muddy ground sniffing alongside Kon.

     Gon could make out a small voice coming from his left. He began to walk towards the voice, hearing leaves rustling and a thunk noise. Kon started to slightly growl, alerting the mystery creature.
     "Wait, hold on Kon!" Gon whispers, putting a hand out in front of the bear. Kon calmed down slightly but continued to growl anyway. Gon crouched down, sneaking behind a bush. Kon figured out what Gon was trying to do and became silent, hiding next to Gon.

     Both of them remained silent, watching through the bush. Their presences soon diminished, causing the wildlife to come out from hiding, and the mystery voice to talk again.
     "I'm so dead," it said. The noise seemed to be coming from a tree, so Gon got out of the bush and looked around. Kon stayed behind at the bush, making sure no one hurt Gon.

     "Hello?" Gon mumbled out. As he walked, he felt something break under his feet and a sticking crack soon after. Gon's face paled at what he had just heard. Shivers ran up his spine and tears formed at the corner of his eyes. Gon slowly lifted his right leg, closing his eyes shut, praying to whatever entity is out there that it wasn't what he thought it was. Once his foot was high enough, Gon peeked one eye open before he covered his mouth and fell back. Gon's face turned green as he flipped over and barfed on the ground. Kon watched curiosity and the mystery voice poked its head out of a nest. 'Screw that mysterious entity, this god is dead I tell ya!' Gon frustratedly commented.

     Gon began to cry, quickly kicking off his shoes and screaming, "I'M A MURDERER!" Gon looked up at the tree above the fallen eggs, assuming the best was there. When he instead made eye contact with a torn Killua, who was in the fallen eggs' nest, he cried even more. Kōki panicked immediately, he hadn't finished fixing Killua and his bodily fluff and cotton organs were everywhere, Gon had just killed some bird fetuses, and something even worse had happened earlier.

     Kon came out of the bush, rushing over to Gon's side, and trying to calm him down. Kōki hopped down with Killua, being cautious about the bear. Kōki went under Gon's arms, with Killua placed on Gon's lap. A few minutes went by, Gon had calmed down and was holding Killua in his hands.
     "It's okay Kōki, I knew you were just trying to protect him! Don't worry, mom can...fix...him..." At that moment, Gon realized he was lost. Cue the crying.

_____________________________

     Now that Gon officially calmed down, he set out on an adventure to find his parents. He first went fishing for food, seeing as the group was hungry. Gon and Kon ate fish and bananas, while Kōki ate flies and ants. Afterward, Gon washed Killua and made a small Adirondack backpack for Kōki and Killua. He only managed to make it because of a YouTube video he saw a few days ago and a lot of vines.

     He placed Kōki and Killua in the backpack, then looked up at the sky. Gon then remembered the watch he had in his pocket. Gon took it out and looked at the time.
     "Two pm." Gon grumbled out. He wasted all this time getting food and making a backpack when he should've been looking for the Amanos. Gon tried to keep his anger levels down, deciding to just be optimistic.

     "Everything is okay, Mom and Dad are still at the campsite waiting for me." Gon continued to look around, night came and it was time to sleep again. With the help of Kon and Kōki, Gon made a shelter. It was mainly made of wood, mud, and piled leaves. Gon curled up against Kon, Kōki, and Killua. Gon's eyes were heavy and his chest was tight. He laugh when he realized their names all started with a K, which made him feel better. Gon sorta wished his name started with a K too, then they could make a band called the four Ks. Gon giggled even more, holding Killua closer and drifting off to sleep.

_____________________________

     "Kacchan, where do you think Gon is?" a bushy-haired boy asked. Bakugo looked up at Midoriya, mouth full of rice. He swallowed his food before responding.
     "I don't know, but he might just be sick. He has been gone for only a day."
     "Still, I feel like there is something wrong. Gon never gets sick!"
     "You just met him for about two months!" Bakugo angrily grumbled.

     "Bakugo sounds jealous!" a kid with long fingers teased. The boy with red wings held in a laugh, trying not to anger the blond boy.
     "Shut up extra #13!" Bakugo shouted, earning a hush from their teacher. Bakugo shut up, clasping his hands in anger.
     "Sick or not, I'm still worried..." Midoriya mumbled. Bakugo glared at Midoriya before softening his look, by just an itty bit.
     "You're such a worry-wart, Izuku! I'm sure that extra is fine, I'm never wrong." Bakugo reassured, going back to his food. Midoryia looked at Bakugo in shock before he smiled.
     "Okay then." Midoriya softly responded, eating his food even with the nagging feeling that something was off
______
  1188
Edit: forgot to upload the updated version