Chapter 16

It took a while to officially adopt Gon. There was a lot of paperwork and his apartment was inspected again. It was a good thing Aizawa took the classes beforehand, so it didn't take as long (in Japan you need to be married to adopt. I'm going to change that part so Aizawa can adopt). Aizawa even saved up money for Kōki's care. It took about a year until Gon officially moved in.

"So this is the home of a pro hero!" Gon squealed. Gon entered the small apartment, taking a look at the homey place. Aizawa grunted, carrying Kōki's tank through the doorway.
"Why the hell is this so big and heavy," Aizawa asked, almost dropping the tank. Gon chuckled and helped Aizawa lift the tank.
"Well, frogs need a lot of space," Gon answered. They sat the tank in the corner of the living room. Gon smiled pleased with the placement.

     "I'll get Kōki!" Gon shouted, running out of the apartment. Aizawa ran after the boy.
     "Hey, hold on! You can't be outside on your own!" Aizawa yelled. Gon looked back at the pro and smirked. Gon picked up his pace and went down the stairs. Aizawa facepalmed and ran faster towards the kid. Aizawa eventually caught up to him in the middle of the stairway. Aizawa was surprised by Gon's speed. He smiled, knowing Gon had plenty of potentials to grow stronger.

     "Aizawa, your smile is creepy," Gon muttered. Aizawa's smile fell and he mumbled a quick apology. Aizawa placed Gon back down and help his hand. Together they went out of the apartment building and towards the car.
     "Oh! Aizawa, I forgot to tell you, never open that toy box right there," Gon warned. Aizawa tilted his head in confusion but didn't bother asking questions.

     Aizawa grabbed the box filled with Gon's clothes, while Gon grabbed his toy box. Aizawa shut the car doors, seeing as they grabbed everything.
     "You don't have much huh?" Aizawa pointed out. Gon sulked, looking at the ground as he walked.
     "No... They don't let me keep a lot. The important things in my previous house were broken anyway," Gon said, remembering the tank Mr. Amano and him built. He also recalled Bakugo's shouted and anger.

     "Well, how about we make our own things? Like, I don't know, crafts? Are you into crafts?" Aizawa suggested, uncertain with himself. Gon nodded his head, his happy attitude returning.
     "Yeah! I love crafts! I love wood carving the most!" Gon excitedly blurted out.
     "Oh, oh, oh! And can we fish sometimes! I love fishing. Also the forest! I love the forest, let's visit the forest!" Gon chatted about the things they could do together. Aizawa listened carefully but also wondered how much more exhausting, yet exciting his life will become.

____________________________

     "OH MY GOD. He's so cute! Look at him," a lady with long, dark, purple hair squealed. She poked Gon's cheek. Gon nervously laughed, trying to slowly getaway. Gon remembered running into this pro hero two years ago, but the lady didn't seem to recall him.
     "Sho, you never told us you wanted a kid!" the man with long yellow hair shouted. He was shocked, to say the least, he didn't expect his best friend to be interested in children.

     "Neither did I," Aizawa dully replied, sipping coffee from a cat mug.
     "How old is he?" The lady asked Aizawa.
     "I'm ten," Gon replied, a little irritated that the women didn't ask him. The women stood up straight, patting Gon's head.
     "Aw~, still in elementary huh?" Midnight teased.
"Aw, the only reason people pass out is because you reek so much," Gon mocked Midnight with a sickeningly sweet voice. Midnight made the loudest and most offended gasp ever.

Somewhere a white-haired boy felt the urge to be proud.

"EXCUSE ME YOU LITTLE BRAT. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO?!" Midnight shouted. Gon nodded his head.
"Dog lady," Gon simply replied, referring to the hero's old dog collar. Midnight was about to punch the kid down but Present Mic pulled her away.