A Father's Love and Thorkell is here!

"Elena, would you like to pray with us?", proposed Canute, "I noticed you were praying during our travels but it seemed that you always preferred to do it alone."

Elena shrugged, "Sure, I don't see why not."

Canute gave a short nod and you followed Willibald and Ragnar to a handmade cross. The sun shone brightly as if God is favouring the day... ready to watch the bloodshed that will happen.

She took her place behind the group and listening on to the prayer. Her eyes closed, her hands clasped, and ready to kick some ass!

'Jesus, may I talk to you?', she said out in thought.

Our Lord and saviour, Jesus Christ, appeared in blinding light. This time his smile had sorrow dripping from it.

"Yes, child?", he responded.

In this whimsical dream-land, Elena avoided eye contact and started fiddling with her fingers, "Uhm... Sorry for what happened to the villagers. I could stop the killings but I... I wanted the story to progress and get on Askeladd's good side."

Jesus sat next to her, "It was already foretold. I already saw it happen before... Anything else on your mind?"

Elena gave a nod, moving her eyes to look at Jesus.

"For my water powers, does that mean anything that has water? Like snow, clouds, and... blood? Can I also change the temperature of the water?" She asked.

"Yes; anything that is water or contains water, you can manipulate. An example is snow. Once you wield your ability, it changes to water. You can alter the temperature to freezing and boiling. Regardless, you can't heat it until it becomes a gas or transform it so cold that it becomes a solid.", he explains.

"Okay... And my regeneration powers? If my limb were to be cut off, would I be able to grow it in an instant? And if I were to smoke, would it not hurt my lungs since my body is regenerating my lungs? Do I have slow or fast regeneration?", she asks, wanting to make sure she is ready for the battle. She wants to impress!

Jesus smiles, "You have rapid regeneration and your limbs can regrow back in an instant if they were cut off. Anything that would harm you on the inside-like a disease- will be treated immediately by your regeneration. However, you can not control this."

"And my powers of divination- is it like... observation Haki in One Piece? But I can see a bit farther into the future- like 15-35 seconds?"

"Aye."

"Oh really? Thank you! Uhm, sorry for bothering you but I think I have to go now..."

Jesus smiles and stands up, and in a flash, he disappears without her needing to say 'amen'.

Holy shit. That's cool.

She opens her eyes and her ears prick up to the sound of the priest.

"-Good men and bad men equally, why do you test us, despite our powerlessness? Father. Can you... hear my voice? Our father, I doubt...", he trails off a bit, and you silently sigh.

"Your love.", he ends.

"Enough!", Canute shouts, standing abruptly as his heart pounds. He takes a calming breath to calm down.

Elena listens to Canute, hearing how anger and sorrow seep into his voice.

Every father loves his child.

Canute has the absence of his actual father's love and only has Ragnar as his 'father'. Askeladd has the absence of a father's love while Thorfinn witnessed how far a father's love could go.