Chapter 3

Wei Yings P.O.V

It has been about a week since I left to tour the world. I have stayed in the nearest village for a week and I'm getting ready to depart and continue to travel.
I have to admit that this is extremely boring since there is no one to talk to. Lil'Apple can not reply when I talk to him so he doesn't count.
I don't know where I'm headed now but wherever the road leads to I'll go.

We have been traveling for a couple hours since I left the inn from the previous village and there still doesn't seem to be any village close by. Up front was a roadside well for travellers to access water. There were people already there though. A group of five men. I stopped to get me and Lil'Apple a drink and their conversation caught my attention. They were talking about trouble a few villages away from here.
It made me remember the time I stopped by a well not long after being brought back and the group of cultivators who were using my compass to locate the trouble in Dafan Mountain. It turned out that it was a soul taking statue that was way more complicated than what everyone thought.
The incidents lead up to me meeting Lan Zhan and Jieng Cheng again for the second time in one place. Just my luck it was also the first time in a while that I was hit with Zidan which shocked many persons. Apparently because my soul didn't flee

I spaced out and it didn't do me any good. Just made me miss everyone more and caused my boredom to multiply ten folds. All my revenge has been taken so there are no more scars on my arms but other than that revenge I had, there is nothing to do.

The persons have left since I spaced out again. I decided that I can't sit here moping any longer so I began the journey to the closest village. I have nothing to do anyway so I'll go see what the trouble is. It's not the upcoming village though since they said it was a few villages away.

There were a few minutes of daylight remaining by the time I reached the village. Thankfully I didn't have to sleep under the stars which I thought I would have had to do. It's not bad but I didn't feel like it today.

I found an inn, tied up Lil'Apple, bought a few wines and settled in for the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been traveling for a couple days and finally made it into the troubled village. Though out the journey here I've been hearing different rumors about the problem affecting the village but they were just that...rumors. I need to see what exactly is the problem for myself.

I asked around and got responses on the trouble from different villagers. I never thought I'd say I'm glad for this body times like now. At least everyone isn't running from me and actually stays to reply.

Turns out the problem is a noise at nights. There would be a wailing noise and it would scare the villagers. Nothing is troubled in the village and the only problem is the noise.
From the description it sounds like a soul trapped in this world, most likely by not dying in peace. The best way to handle it is to try and make it get peace, maybe it wants to see someone it didn't get to see before dying or it could want someone who killed him to pay. There are quite a few reasons for souls to remain in this world.

Before I do anything though I'll have to locate it. To locate it, I have to hear for myself. The noise sounds throughout the night at intervals. Instead of going after it now I'll hear where it is and go after it tomorrow.

I finally had something to do and I couldn't wait for tomorrow. Sometimes I really wonder how Lan Zhan can go so long without talking or doing anything. He is still surprises me.

A/N

Next chapter, enjoy and Happy New Year