Chapter 7

No one's POV

A figure lay on the roof of an old inn, his black robes accentuated by the moon. He seemed fairly unmoving and one can even mistake him for being asleep if wasn't for the automated movement of his arms to allow his lips to cover the wine bottle's mouth ever so often.

 A large, dark cloud drifted lazily across the moon's face, plunging the night into stillness. Black robes, now serving it's purpose allowed the man to subtly disappear amidst the night, and he was gone by the time the moon returned to her former glory. 

A light shone in one of the upper windows of the inn and a familiar figure was seen moving about.

Wei Ying's POV

Shocked by the sudden darkness, I awoke from my trance like position. Taking it as a sign that even the moon was tired of my unawareness, I headed inside. Not quite feeling like I should be asleep, I went to experimenting with tailsman.

Lost in my world of experiments, a shrill screaming brought me to alertness in less than a millisecond. So it was midnight already? I was not inside for long, which means I wasted half of my time on the roof.

The screaming was even more ghastly than before, proving that I needed to work faster if I wished to keep my hearing by the end of this. When I find that spirit, it better have a decent explanation as to why it is making unearthly screams or it would never hear the end of my rant.

Closing off my experiments, I headed to bed. Tomorrow will have to bring progress. I still cannot understand who can manage to attain such power? It's even further than Yue Yang managed to go. Who left after the last war can still be capable of going to such lengths? and where did they obtain all those scrolls and books from even after I ensured to destroy them all? I wonder if Lan Zhan is encountering any trouble as excellency or if there are any unusual happenings going on in Cloud Recesses. 

With these thoughts on my mind, I couldn't sleep. I know I won't be able to even if I try so opening the window, I jumped out and decided to take a walk. The silence of the night should be able to calm my growing thoughts so I can at least get some sleep.

A/N

Next chapter up. Enjoy and stay safe.