Chapter 5

I followed the instructions and came upon the smaller of the two houses. It looked like a normal house from outside but it has to be the inside that matters. I set a few tailsman on the door and sent a few on the walls.
It picked up a strong energy coming from inside. The problem was that no spirit was picked up from inside. After deeming it safe to enter, I went to investigate the source of the dark magic. As soon as the door opened, I sensed the atmosphere changing. The air became dark but not too dark. I've sensed way darker during the last war when entire sects were murdered.

The house inside was a mess. I have expected something like this since I've long learnt not to judge by the outside appearance. After taking a good look around, other than debris, nothing looking like a human corpse was here. There were two different stairs, mostly in ruins. One leading upstairs and the other, presumably a basement. Instead of wasting time I shut my eyes and closed my other four senses, allowing the sixth one to gain control. I assessed the air deeply in both directions and opened up my eyes once again. I took one last look around and began walking upstairs. The air there was denser, showing that it will be much more possible to find a corpse there. I still wasn't able to sense a spirit but I need to see the body before going further.

As soon as I cleared the broken stairs, it proved to have lived up to what I thought of it. The upstairs was a war zone and doors leading to two rooms were blown off. The fight that occurred here was definitely strong. The competitors had to be knowledgeable to an extent and very fierce to have fought using dark magic plus swords.

I assessed the area. The method of fighting seemed almost similar to how I fought the first time I gained control of dark magic - powerful but unorganized. The person or persons weilded power but was not fully organized or capable of fighting. Their fight like this can cause major destruction hence the state of the place. I walked into the first room. It was no different from the outside and also had no one  inside. I sent out a few tailsman to sense for any hidden dark object in the debris. It came up empty so I proceeded to the other room. At first glance, it was no better than the first room. After glancing over it once more I caught sight of a few fingers under some debris. I sent out a different, self made tailsman to float the debris to another area. The person, a male looked like the one I was looking for. Dark magic swarmed him but he seemed totally fine for all the destruction inflicted upon the house. Looking closer, I saw the cause of death was a slit on his throat. Other than some dried blood on the floor, there was nothing weird on his body. I sent out my spirit seeking tailsman again but once more it came up empty. I decided to examine the body closer.

After my examination, I was left with no additional information than what I already know. This fight occurred between more than one parties and yet there is only one body. It means I have to go look for the others who could still be at Large. The body here was fairly well preserved so I decided to place a few tailsman on him and leave it there.
I don't think the fight continued in the basement so I might gain more information by paying there a visit.

A/N

Hello everyone. I hope you enjoy reading it. Stay safe and don't forget to vote if you liked it.