Chapter 10

There was concentrated dark energy to one corner, covering the floor and partly up the wall. Focusing on it, I knew exactly what happened here. This was the site of the murder and judging by the length of the coverage up the wall, they were sitting down or braced against the wall. This means that they were restricted as there was no movement or struggle. It would have shown in the fluctuation of the concentrated energy. I observed the length of it and on average, there must have been at least 10 persons who were killed here. That leaves the questions who did it? where were the bodies? and why was it done?

After finishing up the search I did not find the room that had the slight energy. Due to the severity of the situation, I don't want to find it tomorrow as it may be too late for the person inside. For them to still be alive with such a slight energy could either mean that their energy is on the verge of diminishing, and it will really just take a few more hours for them to pass on or they are being fed energy by someone. Since there is no one here for them to feed off of, I can only assume that it is the former and that would require immediate intervention. I went back to the sealed area from the outside of the building to try and pinpoint exactly where it would be located on the inside. 

As there were no visible entrance from the inside, it meant that the person would have sealed and put a distortion spell on it to prevent it from being found. I marked the spot and went in to look for it. I searched the entire place in detail three times, but no entrance is here. My talisman is picking up on the energy being very concentrated in this location so the person is very close. That leaves the question of where the hell is the entrance. It would be very easy to just blast the wall in even when I can't see it, but I know of nothing that is behind it. That would be more harm than good if it catches wind of that poor soul, their body definitely would not be able to handle it and it would be a waste to come this far only to lose them to my recklessness.  

I decided I shouldn't waste any more time here and went up to the second floor to try my luck there. I searched again on the second floor, this time in areas that I paid little attention to the first time. The second search of this floor also proved futile and at this point I was getting frustrated. I am racing against time here; a life is at stake, and I am going nowhere with this search.  Closing my eyes, I decided to go full out and search with my energy this time. 

I let my energy out, its tendrils clutching at every detail that I would not have been able to focus on with my naked eyes. Meditation opens the third eye and that is why cultivators take meditating seriously. I have never been able to sit that long in order to successfully complete meditation, but my third eye is fairly strong. It takes a lot of mental and emotional strength to successfully center all your energy and suppress every thought in order to fully control the third eye as well as tendrils of energy. Many cultivators avoid doing this in the middle of an actual fight due to them having to be completely calm and having someone trustworthy cover them in the time it takes to activate this. 

Just as I was about to give up on finding anything here, a tendril hit something that prevented it from going further. (His brows creased here when he tried to focus) Focusing on it I can sense that it was some sort of blockage, like a door? Some more prodding confirmed this thought and I walked towards it, closing off my energy control abruptly by opening my eyes. It was at the corner of the open space, to the left of where the murder occurred. Looking at the area it seemed empty, just air. Due to the open plan of the area someone would look over the place since it was obviously empty. There was no storage nearby and no shelves or anything that would indicate that the space is occupied. I had overlooked it because there was nothing there, so I figured that, well, there was nothing there. I was apparently wrong. 

Since this was the door to somewhere, I could take the risk of blasting it. The doorway had to be clear so I had a small window of space to work with that I was sure would cause no harm. I sent a burst of energy to the door in order to break the invisibility. It wasn't necessary to see the door in order to break it, but it was necessary to see what was behind the door. The talisman did not break the invisible barrier, so I sent another burst of energy, intended to break the door. Thankfully, it broke but unfortunately it didn't break the spell, so I could not see what was behind the door. Barging through an invisible area would make no sense and since my current tailsman are not working to break the spell, I have to make a new, much stronger one. 

A/N

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2023 to you all. May your year be filled with happiness and success. Enjoy🙂.