Chapter 6

I placed a few preserving tailsman on the body and proceeded to the basement. I opened it to see that this is the only part of the building not in ruins. Is a library and had a few protections placed over it. One is to trick persons into not finding it but it didn't work on me. I knew it was there since it is my tailsman that was used. It cant pass my eyes since I am, after all the Yiling Patriach and grandmaster of demonic cultivation

The library is pretty much like any other library. Books and scrolls neatly arranged along shelves but the unwanted addition was the dust that coated each item, including the table and chairs. Intrested in what the letter that was open on the table was about, I went towards it. 

The note didn't have any name on it or a location, only the words 'revenge'. Well it is clear that this person was killed because he made himself enter the revenge book of someone.  Through the corner of my eyes, I caught sight of something familiar. Blowing off the dust, I picked up the scroll. This belonged to Yue Yang. 

I know this since it is one of the scrolls he wrote during the time he was trying to recreate the stygian tiger amulet. Most of the books here are his, or what others made during their trials of recreating the amulet. Some of them are the experiments itself, and thus stopped at the point where the experiment went wrong or they were no longer experimenting. This could have been due to them dying.

The remaining books and scrolls were all based on the dark side of cultivation. They look like books that were stolen from places they were put to keep away from the cultivation world. They were probably disguised as fictional books and hid in the shelves in the normal homes. I came to this conclusion since during the last major sect war, all sects were scrambling to gather all materials related to this area. They didn't leave any stone unturned, fueled by their greed. I had burned all those gathered materials, together with Lan Zhan. 

I spent quite a while going through all these books and they didn't contain anything that I don't know. Since the owner is dead, and these books are not suitable to keep around, I destroyed them.  After emptying the library, I made sure there is nothing that I am missing and no secret compartments. 

It was dark already when I finished, so I looked for an inn for the night. It is times like these, when I am alone at nights with only wine as my company, that I get bored. I miss my friends and family.  My mind wanders back to the time spent in Cloud Recesses. Those were some of the best times. 

I have a mystery to solve, and Lan Zhan is usually by my side. I don't know why thinking about him makes me feel lonely.

The moon doesn't even pity me. It still has the audacity to shine at its maximum, but I can't seem to be upset at all. It does call me out to enjoy it so lifting my wine, I went to the roof of the inn. Relaxing on the roof, bathed in the moonlight, I took out Chenqing an began playing. The tune rolled flawlessly out of my slightly parted lips, adjusted by my dancing fingers.  I lost count of how many times I have played this same, unnamed song.

It became my favourite, only after one hearing. The notes are intricately woven, melodic and full of feelings that blend perfectly into a masterpiece. Just as refined and elegant as it's creator. I'm sure this will remain my favourite calming tune for as long as I live. The notes are settled in a way that you never get tired of hearing.

A/N

A next chapter is up. I hope you enjoy. If you did, don't forget to vote and comment so that I will know what you think.