Chapter 2

Lan Wanji's P.O.V

I look at wei ying while he was talking. I really don't know what came over me but for some reason I don't want him to leave.
I suppose it's just me as a person wanting to protect him knowing all he's been through and all the sacrifices he made.
If I let him go now and he gets hurt somewhere and I'm not there to save him I know I'll feel guilty like the last time.
I don't like to see him using those tricks. They have terrible effects on him and prolonged usage can severely weaken him. I'm worried that if he gets attacked then he will have no choice but to flute and then he'll be weakened with longer chances to heal.
When he is next to me, I try to stop him from using the flute unless he absolutely has to. If he's in danger I go in and take over the fight. It's not that I think him weak, he is definitely able to protect himself it's just a matter of my conscience not letting me leave him to fight when I know it endangers him.

I need to leave him though. We need to go our separate ways since it was destined. He cannot stand Cloud Recesses and I am not willing to leave Cloud Recesses now and travel with him. I have to put things in order and then I will also travel.
I hear him say his goodbye and then walk away with Lil' Apple. I look back at him once more and I too took my leave. His words echo in my ears
"Lan Zhan, the next time we meet, you better have a name for this song'"

I smiled internally. What he didn't know is that I already have a name for it.
After I met him, he changed my entire life and beliefs in a matter of days. I thought that no one could be as annoying as brother when he always seems to know everything. Then wei ying came and I was so wrong. There was someone way more annoying than brother.
I couldn't understand how someone can be so good yet so bad at the same time. No one ever proved to be as much of a challenge to me and I thought he would be the same but after our few fights, I knew he proved me wrong again.
I've finally learned to live with his annoying personality and apparently even come to choose it over the life and people I grew up knowing.
I've composed that song after I realized wei ying was different. He made me feel something other than boredom and a song was the only way for me to explain it. I still don't know what it is but at least the song just came to me. I didn't have to think of the lyrics, it just came. The name pops into my head everytime I see wei ying or hear his name. I knew it was perfect the moment it appeared in my mind after I composed the song.

I will be waiting wei ying. Like you said as long as the stars are above us, we will meet again. I look forward to seeing you and I don't mind telling you the name of that song.

A/N
Hello guys. Stay safe. Don't forget to vote if you like the drama "the untamed'.