Hanukkah Night Seven

SquipSquad
Jeremy's POV
Post SQUIP

"RELEASE ME, YOU COWARD!" I yell as Michael picks me up and slings me over his shoulder. I kick and flail in an attempt to get him to put me down. He carries me up the stairs and into my room. He then  drops me onto my bed, immediately climbing on top of me and pinning me down.

"Apologize and I'll stop the torture now." His words are threatening but his tone is nothing but playful. I beat him in a video game we were playing, a game that he apparently had an undefeated winning streak in. He wants me to apologize for beating him and admit I cheated.

"I will apologize for nothing!" I stick my tongue out at him. Michael glares at me and adjusts his arms so that one hand is holding down both of my wrists. His other hand threateningly drops to my waist.

"I'm giving you one last chance to come clean about your crimes," he says with an extremely serious tone. I just stare at him, refusing to say anything. "Well, you asked for it." Before I could process what he said, Michael starts tickling my side. I try my best to hold back my laughter, ultimately letting a few giggles slip. When Michael doesn't get the reaction he's looking for, his actions intensify. His hand somehow makes its way under my shirt causing me to squirm under his touch. I can no longer contain my laughter.

"HAHAHA stop!!" I scream. I try to wiggle my way out of his grasp, but it's proving to be more difficult than I thought. "Mi-Micha please! I can-can't breathe," I say through my laughter.

"Apologize for your actions and I will stop."

"Al-alright! I'm s-sorry!" As promised, Michael immediately stops tickling me. He lets go of my wrists and rolls off of me. I turn onto my side and prop my head up with my arm. "You're so annoying," I state as I catch my breath. Michael smiles and winks at me.

"I love you," he says before puckering his lips. I sigh as I lean down and kiss him.

"I love you, too, I guess." I sit up, pulling him up with me. I wrap his arm around my shoulders and rest my head against his shoulder.

"You alright, babe?" Michael runs his hand up and down my arm in a comforting manor. I hum out a yes in response. "Something tells me I should give you part of your gift right now."

"You don't have to. I'm fine."

"Too late. I'm already getting it," he says as he reaches into his back pocket. He takes out a small box and hands it to me. "I'm telling you now that this is not a proposal." I take the box from him and open it. It's a plain black ring. "Look at the engraving on the inside."

"Player Two," I read. I lift my head off of his shoulder and look at him, a huge smile taking over my face. "I love it." Michael takes the box from me and puts it to the side. He then takes the ring out of my hand.

"Which hand do you want it on?" He asks.

"Hm..." I take a moment to think about it and decide on my right hand. I hold out my hand and Michael slips the ring onto my middle finger. "It's perfect."

"I'm actually so glad that you chose this hand because-" he holds up his left hand- "our rings will line up when we hold hands." I look at his hand and notice the black band wrapped around his finger.

"Does it say-" I don't even have to finished my sentence before Michael starts nodding.

"Player One," he confirms. I let out a light laugh and pull him into a hug. He hugs me back tightly before pulling away. "Oh that reminds me, I'm staying over tonight and there's nothing you can do about it."

"But your moms-"

"My moms already know, and they're okay with it, as long as we still go to school tomorrow."