Declined Happiness and Extreme Emotions

Boyf Riends
Michael's POV
Guardian Angel AU

A Guardian Angel is paired with their human from birth, aging with them through life.
A Guardian Angel's responsibility is to provide happiness and guidance to their human.
Guardian Angels are able to: adjust a human's emotions, play memories, come across as a voice of reason, help a human see the brighter side, and more.
A Guardian Angel should not expose themselves to their human as it would then become difficult for the human to abide
          •If such a situation occurs, the human's memory will be erased and they will be assigned a new angel.

~~~~~

Alert: Human #7,319,646,084's happiness is declining. Act immediately.

I pick up my tablet and replay the last two minutes of my human's current situation. Oh great Rich Goranski, aka Human #7,319,648,259 ,stopped Jeremy, my human, in the hallway. I watched Rich knock Jeremy's books out of his hands, give him a loose threat, and walk away. Making a mental note to have a talk with Rich's Angel, I skip back to the live feed of my human. I sigh as I try to figure out how to cheer up my human. Wednesday's are never good days for him.

Let's see... He's had the same three lines of a song stuck in his head for two days now, so let's get rid of that. Oh! He saw that funny meme last night. I add the meme to his memory train. This makes his happy-meter turn up a little bit, but not enough to make the alert go away. I got it! I click on the note that will remind Jeremy of a new video game coming out tomorrow.

And just like that, the alert is gone. Good job, me.

I turn my tablet off as I sit down in my human's computer chair. Angels are usually bound to the room in which their human spends the most time, which for a teenager, is typically their bedroom. Only under certain circumstances are we allow to leave the assigned room. The only reason I'm able to sit in his chair is because I made myself visible. This allows me to make contact with human creations, but I'm only allowed to do it when my human is either asleep or not in the room.

I look around my human's desk and notice that he left his history notebook here. I take my tablet and set a reminder for him that he has loose paper in his English folder to use for note-taking. I set the reminder for the beginning of history class, knowing he would forget about it if I reminded him now. I stand up from the chair and walk around my human's room, stopping then I get to the bookcase. I scan the varying titles, one in particular jumping out at me. He got this book on our thirteenth birthday and read it about five times. I always wondered what made this book so good. I open up to the first page and start reading.

~this time skip is brought to you by the book being Be More Chill just with different character names~

Hours pass and I haven't moved from my spot standing in front of the bookcase. I'm about halfway through the book and I can tell why Jeremy was into it. Just as I'm about to turn the page, I hear foot steps and the sound of a doorknob turning and I immediately freeze. The door opens and reveals my human. Jeremy sees me and stops in his tracks.

"Either I'm hallucinating or there is a really cute stranger standing in my room."

"Both," I say in a panic and quickly turn myself invisible, causing the book in my hand to fall to the floor. I'm still standing in the same spot and I watch as Jeremy shrugs his shoulders and walks into his room, closing the door behind him. He drops his backpack onto the floor and plops face-first onto his bed. Probably to take a nap; an after school usual.