Valentines and Secret Admirers

Boyf Riends
Jeremy's POV
Post SQUIP

Ah Valentine's Day. The perfect day for couples to do a little extra for the one they love. The perfect day to proclaim your love for someone. And, of course, the perfect day to sit at home by yourself and eat a tub of ice cream.

Well, that was my plan. But, my plans seemed to take an interesting turn when I received a letter, a love letter, signed by 'your secret admirer'. Something like this has never happened to me before, so of course I want to keep it a secret. It's been almost 5 days, with a letter nearly each day, and I haven't told anyone about them, not even Michael. I don't know if I'd be able to live with the teasing if I got so excited over a secret admirer just to have to all be a prank.

In all honestly, it's probably a prank, but I want to find out for sure.

The last note said there was one more and that that note would have a place and time for my admirer and I to meet. Considering today is Valentine's Day, I should be receiving that note soon.

"And then the teacher was like 'oh I didn't even realize'. Bitch, how do you not realize you gave half of us the wrong test? Like that's literally your job!" Michael is currently ranting about his previous class as we sit in the cafeteria. I'm partially zoned out from thinking about my admirer. I guess Michael notices this because he waves his hand in front of my face. "Hello. Earth to Jeremy."

"I'm listening," I say as I snap back into focus. "At least you were in the half that got the right test and passed."

"I guess." He shrugs. "So what's going on with you? What's got you all spaced out?" I open my mouth to answer him, then quickly close it. I don't know if I should tell him about the letters now. I feel like if I do, I'll jinx it. But if I don't, I just might explode. Oh what the hell.

"I have a secret admirer."

"Is that so?" Michael asks as he sips his drink.

"I swear. I've been getting these romantic letters all week and today I'm getting one more telling me when and where my admirer wants to meet up. I'm seriously hoping it's not some psycho trying to lure me somewhere to kill me."

"Do you have any suspects?" Michael sits up straight and folds his hands on the table, as if he was interviewing me. I try to mimic his posture, but my back quickly gives out and I return to my slightly slouched position.

"Nothing solid." I tap my fingers on the table as I think. "I'm pretty sure it's a guy because the handwriting is a little on the sloppy side. But I don't think many of the guys here know I'm bi. I know that you, rich, and Jake know, but not really anyone else."

"So you think it's one of us?"

"See, that's the thing: I don't. We all know that Jake had impeccable handwriting, so it can't be him. Rich's handwriting is hardly legible, so that rules him out. And after nearly 13 years of friendship-" I place my hand over his folded ones- "I know your handwriting, and that's not it. Plus, you're not that great at keeping secrets from me."

"You take that back!" Michael pulls his hands from mine. "I am an excellent secret keeper and you know it."

"Michael, you told me who you pulled for Secret Santa not even two minutes after the drawing."

"That's because I pulled Brooke and you're a lot closer to her than I was at the time and I needed your help!"

"Still counts as revealing a secret."

"Whatever," he grumbles. I laugh at him and rest my head against my hand.

I really wouldn't mind if Michael was my secret admirer. He definitely would have revealed him by now if he was, even just by me sensing something off, but I don't sense anything. Who knows, if things don't work out with the admirer, I can ask out Michael tonight.