Bad Days and Birthday Surprises

Expensive Headphones
Rich's POV
Post SQUIP

Well today fucking sucks. And it's only 8 am. And it's my birthday. I walked downstairs hoping someone would realize what day it was and maybe surprise me with a fancy breakfast. But that didn't happen. Neither my brother, nor my father were in sight. I had to rush around the kitchen and make my own food. I hardly ate any of it before I had to leave my house to catch the bus.

I am currently walking to school because, with my luck, I missed the bus by ten seconds. At least the weather is okay, a little cloudy but a fine temperature.

About three quarters of the way to the school, I feel something land on my shoulder. I look over and don't immediately notice anything. That is, until I feel it again on my other shoulder, then my head, and again and again and again. It's fucking raining.

I pick up my pace and try to make it to school before I get too wet. Of course, the rain only gets worse and I am nearly soaked by the time I walk into the school. Luckily, I still got here early despite missing the bus. I walk through the halls until I get to my boyfriend, Michael's, locker.

"Hey," Michael greets me as I approach him. I wave back, leaning against the lockers next to his. I wait for him to say something about my birthday. Instead, he looks at me and notices my dampened appearance. "Why are you wet?"

"I missed the bus so I had to walk here and it started raining."

"Why didn't you call me?" He frowns. "I would have picked you up."

"It just slipped my mind," I state with a shrug. As a group of people walk past us, a breeze rushes over my body, causing me to shiver.

Michael sees this and says, "Come with me." He takes my hand and leads me down the hallway and into the bathroom. We go into the handicapped stall and Michael locks the door. "Take your shirt off," he instructs.

"Um..." I raise my eyebrow at him, questioning his intentions. He notices my reaction and rolls his eyes.

"If you walk around this cold-ass school with that wet shirt, you're going to get sick. I'm giving you my hoodie." I gasp and put my hand on my chest.

"The Michael Mell hoodie? I am honored." Michael shakes his head at me, gesturing for me to just take it off. As I remove my shirt, Michael takes his hoodie off. He hands it to me while taking my shirt. I quickly pull his hoodie on and instantly feel warmer. "How do I look?" I ask, striking a pose. Michael smiles as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"You look adorable." He presses a soft kiss to my lips and pulls away. He's about to say something else, but the warning bell for first period goes off. "That bell always ruins such great moments." I laugh and nod in agreement. "Let's get out of here. I'll walk you to class."

We quickly made our way out of the bathroom and walk hand and hand to my first class of the day. Michael and I exchange a quick kiss before I walk into the class room. As I sit down, I start to think that maybe today won't be as bad as I thought.

"Hello, class," my teacher greets after the late bell rings. "I need everyone to take out a piece of paper and a something to write with. We will be having a pop quiz."

Aaaand I spoke too soon.

~~~~~

Today still fucking sucks. I definitely failed that pop quiz and I had a test in a different class that I forgot to study for. I don't think I failed, but I didn't do well either. At least Michael is in my next class. He's in the class room before me, as usual. I sit in my seat in front of him, turn to face him, and put my arms on his desk, dropping my head onto them.