Birthdays and Matching Tattoos

This is an AU where the squip didn't exist but the squad is still friends. And because I'm not creative this is Boyf Riends

This is the one where on everyone's 18th birthday they have to go get a tattoo but they don't get to choose what it is or where it goes. It's a matching or corresponding tattoo with their soulmate.

Michael already has his. It's a Pac-Man on his forearm. It's Jeremy's birthday in a few days and he's freaking out about it because he hates needles.

This is written in 3rd person so we can get a Michael and Jeremy perspective.

Jeremy can ask Michael to go with him bc hates needles and Michael has already got his so he can tell Jeremy what to expect.

Internally, Michael doesn't want to go because he doesn't want to see Jeremy be (l)inked with someone else. Yes, of course Michael has a crush on Jeremy and he will be absolutely crushed if Jeremy is not his soulmate. On the other hand, Michael agrees to go because Jeremy is his best friend and he wants to support him.

So the next few days go by and it's Jeremy's bday. Michael ofc greets Jeremy with a hug and a 'hbd' as he normally does. He's holding a bag with him. He tells Jeremy that it's from his moms so he had no idea what's in it. Jeremy says he'll open it later, wanting to get his tattoo ASAP.

While in the car, Jeremy asks Michael a bunch of questions about tattoos. If it hurts, what does it feel like, how long does it take.

Michael tries to give him the best answers he can but any answer is subject to where the tattoo is. He can only talk his experience with his tattoo. So, he explains how his felt and how long it took. He finishes his explanation by mumbling that he doubts Jeremy will get it in the same place.

Jeremy didn't hear the last part but doesn't ask Michael to repeat himself because they pulled up to the tattoo parlor. Jeremy nervously gets out of the car.

They walk in and Jeremy tells them that he's there for his soulmate tattoo. They ask for his ID and tell him to sit in the waiting area and that an artist will get him soon. Jeremy and Michael walk over to a couch and sit down. Jeremy's foot taps anxiously on the floor as he asks Michael to remind him tattoos don't hurt that bad. While he does, Jeremy's shaky hand makes its way into his. Michael doesn't it let it effect him. Instead, he runs his thumb along the side of Jeremy's hand.

This calms Jeremy down a bit. Unfortunately, that's when a guy walk over and says he's ready for him. Jeremy's asks if Michael can come with and the guy nods. Jeremys hand slips out of Michael as they stand up. Michael is slightly disappointed by this but understands.

The guy asks if Jeremy wants to see the tattoo or have it be a surprise. He decides to leave it as a surprise. The guy nods again and tells Jeremy that it's going to be on his left forearm. This sparks something inside Michael. His tattoo is on his right forearm. He doesn't get too excited, though, because there have to be a million things that can fit on a forearm. He tells himself that it's just a coincidence.

The tattoo guy sets up a little curtain blocker and tells Jeremy he's going to prep him for the tattoo. Jeremy, not knowing what that means, just says okay and distracts himself by looking at the tattoo designs on the walls. While Jeremy is distracted, Michael silently asks the tattoo guy to give Jeremy some numbing cream.

A few minutes later, the tattoo machine turns on and a buzzing sound filling the air. This causes Jeremy to jump. Michael is quick to put a comforting hand on Jeremy's shoulder. He offers his headphones to Jeremy, who gratefully accepts them. With music now flowing through his ears, Jeremy relaxes. He can still hear the guy talking, telling him that he's about to start.