Thorns and Needles (part one)

ArsonBerry
Third Person POV
AU

Brooke Lohst is your average teenage girl, working at your average flower shoppe, in your average town. However, she has a more than average crush on a more than average teenage boy.

Rich Goranski is your typical tattoo addicted guy. His tattoo parlor of choice just so happens to be right above the town's popular flower shoppe, the same one a really cute girl works in, the same girl Rich has a huge crush on.

~~~~

It was a normal Saturday afternoon for Brooke. She just started her shift at Rosie's Roses and her best friend Chloe Valentine was on her way with PinkBerry frozen yogurt. As Brooke was putting the final touches on a pick-up order, the chimes on the front door rang. She turned her head to see the potential costumer.

Oh this was definitely no potential costumer. It was easily the cutest boy Brooke had ever laid her eyes on. Little did she know, the boy thought she was cute as well. Unfortunately, Brooke knew he wasn't here for any flowers. He has been going to the tattoo parlor for about three months and Brooke was starting to wonder what he could be getting done.

Today, she was going to find out.

Brooke tried her best to not seem creepy as she stared at the cute boy, hoping to make eye contact with him. She successfully accomplished her goal and smiled at him as he looked at her.

"Hey!" She greeted cheerfully. Internally, she was screaming because, 'oh my god, was that too much? What if I scared him? This was a mistake, I shouldn't have said anything.

"Hi, Brooke," the cute boy said. Brooke was surprised. This was the first interaction they've ever had, so how did he know her name?

"How do you know my name?" Brooke asked. The boy chuckled and pointed to the name tag that clearly, and very decoratively, displayed Brooke's name. "Oh my god," Brooke facepalmed herself in realization. "Sorry, I'm a little dumb."

"Hey it's all good. I'm Rich by the way." The cute boy- Rich- walked over to the counter where Brooke was working and held out his hand. Brooke felt her face heat up as she reached out and took Rich's hand. For a few seconds after they shake hands, they don't pull away. Instead, they both seem to have gotten lost in each other's eyes. But all good things must come to an end and eventually they both snapped back into reality and pulled their hands away from each other.

"It's nice to meet you, Rich," Brooke said quietly, still recovering from the fact that she was basically just holding hands with the insanely cute boy she was infatuated with. "So, um, you're heading up to the tattoo parlor, right?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm finally getting my sleeve finished. If you'd like, I'll come show you when it's all done," he offers with a charming smile.

"Yes!" Brooke exclaims, but she immediately coughed and brought her volume back down. "I mean, yeah sure. That'd be cool." Brooke tried to play it off but the darken blush on her face gave away all of her true emotions. Rich smiled brightly at her and let out a breathy laugh.

"You're really cute," he said, nearly causing Brooke to faint, "I'll see you." And with that he walked up the stairs to the tattoo parlor. With Brooke's attention fully committed to Rich, she failed to notice her best friend walking through the front door.

"Hello. Earth to Brooke." Chloe waved her hand in front of Brooke's face.

"Brooke-dot-exe has stopped working." Brooke said as she gazed at the floor, relieving the last few moments.