PROLOGUE

A LITTLE girl is slowly walking while her eyes are seriously staring at a beautiful butterfly that perches on the petals of the flower.

Itinaas niya ang kamay niya para hulihin ito. "Got ya," she emphasizes and smiles from ear-to-ear. "Mommy, look! I caught a butterfly!" she said proudly as she raised her hand holding a butterfly.

Her mother who is busy arranging the food looked at her then she smiled. His father and her sister, who are busy playing flying saucer, also turned to her.

The little girl ran towards them but she stopped in the middle of the road when the butterfly disappeared from her grasp.

The little girl just stood there watching the flying butterfly fly away from her. She did not know that a large vehicle is approaching in her direction. When his mother saw it, her eyes widened and she immediately ran towards her daughter.

"Baby, get away from the road!" the mother shouted while still running as fast as she could, but the girl is preoccupied to the butterfly.

When the father heard his wife's scream, he turned in their direction and immediately let go of the flying saucer he was holding and ran towards the girl.

They ran with all their might to their daughter who's still looking at the butterfly.

When the loud horn of the large vehicle rang, the girl lost sight of the butterfly and then looked in the other direction. Her eyes widened when she saw the car approaching her.

Little by little the girl's eyes closed as if it had a mind of its own and an unexpected event happened.

A loud sound occurred. The formerly standing truck has now fallen on the side of the road.

The girl who's holding the flying saucer widened her eyes and unconsciously let go of the flying saucer she was holding. The father removed his arm that protected its face then looked to the front with his mouth half-oppened. The mother smiled as she looked at her daughter lying on the grass as she slowly opened her eyes. Wala itong masyadong natamong galos sa katawan.

"M-Mommy..." nakatitig lang ang batang babae sa kaniyang ina habang nanlalaki ang mga mata dahil sa gulat.

"Venice!" the father shouted and quickly approached his wife. The little girl's sister also ran towards them.

When the truck approached the girl, her mother pushed her hard then the truck hit her. That was the scene earlier.

The mother is just lying in the middle of the road while her husband is hugging her. A lot of blood is dripping from her head and when she tried to speak, blood came out of her mouth.

"M-My time is... is n-nearly over," she hardly said.

They cried even more at what the mother said. Her husband tells her not to talk and she needs to save her energy, but the mother insists.

She spoke to her children and said her last will and testament. The little girl could not stop crying because she was guilty of what happened to her mother. She thinks she is to blame.

"I... I'm sorry, mommy. I'm so sorry," the girl repeatedly said.

"Shush. I-It's not you fault, baby. I... I would do it o-over and over again. D-Don't blame y-yourself. Y-You understand?" The little girl nods consecutively.

The mother look at her daughters. She told them her favorite line before she closed her eyes with a smile plastered on her face.

**PC**