CHAPTER 02: HEM OF GAMBLE

ZWEI

THE sky is already dusked as I arrived to my haven from headquarters. I just took a quick shower and wear a night dress then sit on the edge of my bed.

I look at the standing small frame on top of the table. It was me and my boy beaming like we won an Oscar. I slid my fingertips on its glass and smile asthenic.

"I love you tons," I whispered.

I heaved a heavy sigh before lying on the soft mattress of my bed and let the solace of the sheet wraps my body until chest.

This day was a tiring day and I indeed deserve a peaceful rest. I was about to dive on my deep slumber when my phone rang. My face crumbled in frustration and I idly move my body to take my phone on top of the table and answer this nuisance. I have no idea who is it because it wasn't registered on my log.

May galit ata sa 'kin ang kapayapaan, hindi ako pinagbibigyan, eh.

"Hello—"

[This is Cannor. I... I need your help! There are intruders in my house-sh*t!]

The sleepy blood I was feeling earlier woke up like I was hit by a large amount of voltage. I even heard gunshots in other line.

"What's your location?" I asked as I stood up.

I went to my walk-in closet and draw some clothes for the replacement of my night dress. Ayaw ko ng maulit 'yong nangyari sa 'kin sa hotel kanina. Once is enough.

[Pavillion Village. 5 blocks from the entrance,] mabilis niyang sabi.

"Okay. Stay in a place where you think you're safe. I'm coming." I hang up the phone.

I hurriedly put my clothes on. I went to a room here that full of all kinds of guns. Most are displayed on the wall and some are locked on safer transparent boxes. Just so you know, these are legal. I have my license to prove it.

I picked a pistol and a silver nine millimeter with a gorgeous dark wooden handle and slid it into a holster that strapped to the side of my belt.

War is waiting for me. I grin on that thought. I picked a black leather jacket on the side of my bed and wear it then took my motor key on the drawer full of automobile keys.

I texted Captain Tuazon for urgent bloody adventure as I drove myself downstairs. I know he'll come. He loves action more than I do and I am certainly sure he'll smirk if he reads that text.

My motor roared as I started the engine. I closed the visor of my helmet and drive as fast as this machine could. It took me minutes to arrive at Pavillion village.

A night zephyr gently touches the seriouness of my visage as I removed the helmet. I darted my gaze on a dark and wide house of Cannor. But, there are lamp posts to purposely brighten the ambience. I hear nothing but a sound of crickets from the unknown.

I wander my eyes around the place. I saw two targets holding armalites on the entrance guarding the place, probably.

If I'm gonna shot them now, it would alarm the intruders inside and I'm afraid that something might happen to Cannor if I'm going to do that. Another thing, I can't go near them without noticing me because the ambience is too luminous. So, I leave no choice but to swerve on a dim direction into the back of the house.

I pulled a pistol from my holster and gently open the door from the back of this house and a caliginous atmosphere welcomes me. I shrink my eyelids when my naked eyes saw few gun holes in walls and furniture. Million pieces of glasses are scattered everywhere and displays were lying unorganized to the floor.