CHAPTER 04: THE UNPLANNED BET

ZWEI

"Do it, Lieutenant."

Now's my turn to hold Cannor's hand firmly. I want to defy the cavalier's order, but it is definitely a must-have role for me to act.

Damn it. They leave me no choice but to agree.

I look at Ace, he's vigorously looking at Cannor. When he felt my eyes darted on his, he looks at me. I can't conceal the seriouness on my face anymore. I'm pissed.

"Deal," I said without breaking the stare we're throwing at each other. I felt Cannor tilted his head in to my direction with a bombshell look.

Hindi ako ang makikipaglaro, pero ako ang nagdesisyon. Great.

"What are you talking about?" Cannor whispered, but he said with firm. "This is out of the plan."

"Hold on a second," sabi ko kay Ace. Inilapit ko ang bibig ko sa tainga ni Cannor. Bahagya kong hinawakan 'yong hikaw ko saka ko binulong ang kailangan niyang gawin.

As expected, his eyes slightly grew wider and he's obviously not in favor to a new plan.

"But..." he wants to protest, but I just nod to give him an assurance, so he sighed in defeat. "Fine, then," pagsuko niya saka tumingin sa harap.

"So, the deal has settled then," ngisi ni Ace.

Deal, huh? Why don't you say a bet, jerk?!

The game begins when the dealer positioned himself in the middle of Cannor and Ace. He's holding decks of cards. There's a round crystalline button which they call dealer button that placed on top of the poker table. It determines the order in which the players act in any given betting round.

Before the dealer deals the cards they have to put in what they call blinds. These are compulsory bets to help the action gets started.

"5 million," Cannor said then he puts 10 pieces of chips forward that serves as a big blind.

"3 million." Ace do the same, but it serves as a small blind.

Geez. There's already 8 million dollars on the pot.

Once these blinds have been placed, each player is dealt two cards facedown. Since Cannor is the big blind, the dealer dealt a card on him first. Those cards are for them alone.

They will going to use those cards in combination cards that are dealt face-up in the middle of the table. Their main goal is to make the best possible five-card hand.

Now, Ace have three options. He can either fold and forfeit a hand, he can call and match the big blind or he can increase the stakes by raising.

I've been playing poker since I was a child that's why I know this mind challenging game. It is a game of chances and always tricky.

Cannor gently look at his cards. I can't see what he got because he's covering it with his hand. I look at Ace, he's just casually sitting on his chair without making any emotion on his face.

"Raise," Ace said then puts 30 chips forward. "15 million," he added.

"Raise, 15 million," the dealer repeated. "Mr. Hernandez?"

"I call," Cannor also placed 30 chips on the table.

"Call, 15 million."

38 million on the pot already? That's a large amount of money!

The dealer now is going to deal a flop. He placed three face-up cards in the middle of the table. Those are King of diamonds, 8 of clubs and 6 of clubs.