🌼CHAPTER 1: Ellie and Her Adorable Eyes 🌼

On the twelfth hour on the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth, none of them having been pregnant earlier that day. 

Elizabeth Hayes was one of the women who got pregnant and gave birth on that faithful day, her husband was stood next to her as her belly swelled, ballooning over as she fell to her knees, grasping at nothing, and wheezing as the baby pushed itself out. Wulfric Hayes screamed his lungs out at one of the maids, frantic, still confused at what was happening to the love of his life. It broke his heart as he held her close to his chest, listening to her horrid screams, helpless as she lay wailing under what could only be excruciating pain, and then after a few minutes, the screaming seized and was replaced by the cry of an infant. The couple looked at the baby, tears in their eyes, confusion out of their minds as they stared at the small child. The maid that held the bundle carefully placed it in the man's arms. 

Elizabeth and Wulfric Hayes had married at an early age both from well-off families, after years of marriage they had longed for a child, but the dream remained as such, a dream. But then and there, as the couple looked at the beautiful little girl that had stopped crying, her eyes wide open staring at them, they couldn't help but smile as tears began to dribble down their cheeks. The maids that stood witness to the birth watched on at their masters, knowing fully of the overwhelming happiness that magically appeared through the small package they held with such care. 

The little girl in their arms began to drift to sleep, her green eyes fighting to stay open, but eventually failing, her head lolling a little to the side until she took a deep breath, eventually,  evening out and the new parents laughed at the goofy look on her sleeping face. One by one the maids left the happy family alone, taking the bloody sheets and gently placing a cot inside as to not disturb the couple who had yet to remove their gaze on the child. Elizabeth and Wulfric were stunned at what had happened, no words were exchanged between the two of them. They finally had their chance at a family, and little Ellie had given that to them. 

~~~

News broke out about the mysterious births and it sparked the curiosity of many, but none more than Sir Reginald Hargreeves himself. The eccentric billionaire resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible. Before he sought out to do so, the strict man rushed to tell his marvelous news to some friends. The luxurious car parked in front of the grand stairs that led to the giant front door, not more than a minute later, it was pulled open by an older woman, judging from her salt and pepper hair, dressed in a gray and drab uniform, her smile big before setting her sight on the man who had a permanent scowl on his face. Her hand began shaking with understandable anxiety as she let him in, rushing to her master's quarters to inform the arrival of their visitor.

The door was already slightly open as she knocked, still trying to catch her breath. Her hands patted down her skirt as if it was dirty, she smiled at Wulfric, who opened the door further to welcome her, "Hello Sir Wulfric, sorry to interrupt but... Sir Reginald has come, and is waiting for you in the saloon." Despite being close friends, Reginald and Wulfric couldn't be more different, the man in front of the maid currently had a warm smile, his disheveled appearance made him look approachable and his amber eyes held a mellow sentiment to them, traits of which are a stark difference from the cold, stiff and impeccably intimidating aura of the one downstairs. "Very well Monique, shall we? Little Ellie is still asleep."

Reginald sat in the sitting area looking around at the familiar room. The approaching sound of heels tapping against the marble floors made him turn around. From the entranceway he saw his friend standing there in relaxed attire, his gray hair tousled but his eyes gleaming with happiness. The two men approached each other and shook hands as they met in the middle. " Ah Reggie! what brings you here?"  Before Reginald could answer his question, he was pulled in a hug. He was stunned as it lingered longer and longer much to his utter distaste. Rendered speechless at the affection that he usually would not partake in, he pulled away to look at his friend who now, surprisingly had tears in his eyes.

" Before you answer that Reggie, come with me. You will not believe what happened a week ago, we are ecstatic."  While Wulfric spoke, he grasped Reginald's arm and pulled him up the stairs, each step quicker than the next, but they were as graceful as ever. The two men would stop in front of the master bedroom, the door closed and the stoic man faced the happy one questioningly. Wulfric shook his head dismissively and only opened the door leading him inside, he looked around and finally settled his gaze at the woman in the bed. Elizabeth offered her friend a smile before looking down in her arms, to Reginald's surprise he saw a little bundle in her embrace.

"I didn't know you were pregnant Elizabeth." Reginald said rather perplexed. The woman chuckled, as he now looked at the baby that stared back at him. 

"I didn't either Reggie. In fact, I was standing one second and giving birth on the next." She chuckled again, her gaze fixated on the child. 

" Wait, when was she born?" Reggie wondered out loud, turning to Wulfric for answers. 

"Last week, October 1st." 

~~~

The three adults sat inside the room as they talked about Reggie's plan. Little Ellie lay in her cot playing with air, her hands and feet weaving through nothing. The couple at first were mortified that he would force them to give up their own child, but after explaining the great possibility of her growing up different and that he would like to help and observe for those changes, they had eased up. Reggie was hopeful as he looked at the baby that was now situated in Elizabeth's arms, such power could be out there waiting for him to discover them, his hand slightly grazed her face then to her head, as he did so, he felt the petal-like texture and the small bumps on the peach fuzz she had for hair. He took out a journal from his coat and made note of it.

"You little one have something special, something more powerful than those adorable green eyes."