🌸CHAPTER 14: Reunion -Part I-🌸

The disasppearance of the girl with the flowers in her hair and the boy who summoned blue lights had adverse effects on the children that were left in the home, albeit it was more evident in some than in others. While Five had a penchant to be the annoying asshole that he was, he was nevertheless their brother, in home and by arms, a comrade who stood with them in times of battle. Losing Ellie on the other hand, was a diffficult mountain to climb over for Vanya and Klaus. Vanya, in her ordinary existence was severly lost upon realizing that she had lost the girl with the green eyes. There was no longer anyone for her too confide in, no more was the only part of the team that tries to include her while the rest of them were busied with their own endeavors. There was no longer someone to remind poor little Vanya that she was as special as the rest of them. To say that Klaus had been a mess woould be downright understatement. Even at his young age Klaus could not handle the pain of losing her, and thus resorted to numbing the world out, consuming pill after pill of the potent pain killers he got his hands on. Once, Ben having had enough of his antics tried to reason with his brother, suggesting for him to consume the lone flower that their dear Ellie had left in Klaus's possession. To his suprise, Klaus was enraged, grabbing the smaller boy by the collar grasping and shaking him by the shoulders, and as Ben had looked up in fear, he saw the tear-stained face of his brother, choking back sobs as he said: "I can't. Do you understand that that's the only thing  have left of her? Damnit." 

On the other spectrum Ben, Luther, Allison, and even Diego hid their distraught as time went on. Missions became their escape;  distractions from thinking of the incident that tore their team to pieces, but more often than they would like to admit, even when they were fighting and lost in the flurry of the many battles theyendured, their minds drifted to them, wondering if they could still be alive somewhere, somehow, despite having gone missing for a month at that point. But eventually something would come along and break the camel's old and weary back: Ben's Accident. It was as gruesome as it was heartbreaking for them to lose another brother, the proverbial final nail in the coffin had kickstarted the expected destruction of their family- if they could even call themselves that. Diego left first, followed by Klaus, Vanya and then Allison, each one setting out, looking for a life away from the hell known as the Umbrella Academy, most of them mindfully using the gift from Ellie when they were younger. By the end of it all, as the children trudged into adulthood, Luther, Number One found himself  lonesome, still nestled under their father's roof and evidently his rules too. 

~~~

It is amusing how time works, well to be honest no one knows exactly how it works. It's fickle and dangerous beyond belief and people mindlessly waste the time they have while wanting to have so much more of it. The thing is, you never notice time unless you've got so much of it, it just ticks by so quickly when you're absorbed in doing something you enjoy, but when you wait for time to run past you, it lags behind giving you a head start. It was what happened when twelve years elapsed around the Hargreeves siblings ever since the series of fucked up incidents that pushed them into moving out and mocng on, with the exception of Luther of course. They grew up as kids should, some fitting the word adults better than others.

Allison pushed her initial fame into stardom, an actress in her own right well-known for shows, movies and her issues with her ex-husband. Number Two had leaned in to his super hero persona as he pursued his vigilante ways, his intentions somewhat pure despite him being kicked off the force. Klaus remained as Klaus was, usually high from drugs he bought in a dingy alleyway, living in rehab centers and repeating the cycle over again, dragging Ben's spirit with him. Luther, the only one who remained in the academy resumed missions only to meet a near death experience that forced Sir Reginald to revive him with an experiment. Sweet little Vanya, who knew she had such balls to talk about her family and the academy. Such bravery for someone so ordinary. She stuck to playing her violin finally believing that she was somewhat decent with it, all with Ellie in mind.