🌼CHAPTER 2: Powerful Little Things🌼

The Venetian home Reginald home looked like it was frozen in time, forever stuck in the 1800s, the entire aesthetic was not fit for a home with seven children. Reginald Hargreeves would often walk the halls at night, his footsteps heavy as he stalked the marbled floors, it was a patrol, making sure there were no wrongdoers lurking as if waiting for trouble. He went around placing wires on his adopted children to observe them. It had been eight years since he dropped his search, successfully attaining only seven children. One by one he walked into their individual rooms.

He walked into Number One's room first, Grace had named him Luther much to his dismay. He sat on the blue bed, the slight dipping of the mattress causing the blonde boy to squirm in his sleep. At eight years old, he was already the biggest and the tallest among his siblings, a feature that almost paralleled his immense superhuman strength and unmatched resilience. His stature and title made him stand as the leader, especially during training. 

Reginald walked across the hall to open Diego's door. Number Two lay on the dark bed, his eyes shut and forehead scrunched, his walls had countless of scratches and some knives scattered on the floor. The man kicked a few of them at his feet, the metal clinking together as they bunched, not an ounce of concern for his young son that played with the deadly objects, In fact, he commended the boy in his head, knowing well that he was practicing his weapon manipulation. The boy was always trying to prove himself to everyone, especially to his father. He didn't like that he was Number Two, and he hated Luther for placing him in that place, the thought of being in his brother's shadow haunted him constantly.

The only girl in the team slept soundly, her curls spread on the pillow as soft snores left her lips. No one could deny the charm that the girl had, it was clear that she would grow up to be a very beautiful woman. At a young age, she knew what she wanted and how to get it, her power being a mere advantage in attaining whatever it was. Despite her being the only girl, expected to contrast the ruggedness of her brothers, she was devious and was the most vindictive among them. This was exemplified when Number Four had pulled on one of her pigtails, the young girl letting out a displeased shriek at her brother and proceeded into rumoring him into tripping on his feet for the entire day. Number Four definitely did not go on pulling Allison's pigtails after that. 

Number Four was the most carefree among the Hargreeve's siblings, he cared the least about impressing their father, but the carefree boy wasn't the one that was laying in the bed wide awake. "Number Four, why are you still awake?" his cold voice made the boy turn his head to the door, his eyes had tears in them, his small hand immediately wiping them off afraid that he was going to get scolded. A sniff came out from him and as he looked up to see not only his Father but Grace standing in his doorway. "I will come back later, I have to check on your other siblings." Grace walked in, sitting beside the young boy as the man walked to one of the rooms once again.

His dress shoes tapped on the floor quietly as he neared Number Five's door, he turned the knob, pushing the door open only to be met with an empty bed. He pushed it open further to find that the boy had fallen asleep on his desk. He shook his head, his hard look still plastered on his face as he begrudgingly picked him up and laid him on the bed, covering him with the blanket. He noticed the chalk clutched in his hand, some powder up his arm. The man reached over to remove it and he placed it back in a box on the desk. He looked up to see that his walls were once again littered with equations, far complex for his age, but Reginald was not surprised, completely knowing how intelligent his son was, given that his power to push through space and hopefully time as well soon enough, tied immensely to such intense and difficult sciences. 

Young Ben, Number Six laid peacefully in his cot, he had a soft expression on his face as he slept. He was the calmest among the siblings, always ever the quiet and shy, but his powers were anything but. The horror was a vessel for monsters to come out of, and the boy dreaded having to use them, at all. He was the easiest to place the wires on, only having to pry the book from his hands and turning the lamp off. 

Lastly, little Seven was the smallest, her powers still a gray area to Reginald, the extent and the intensity completely unknown. He looked at her placing the wires on the girl one by one, the last one placed as she turned on her side. He stood up ready to return to Number Four's room. He halted when he saw Pogo standing in front of Vanya's room, his hairy hand holding a smaller one. The small girl that held onto the chimp looked at Reginald with her giant green eyes a smile as a greeting. "Good evening Sir Reginald, Ms. Ellie has been delivered by her parents." 

"Thank you Pogo, before we go to my office, kindly lead Ellie to Number Four's room. He seems to be having trouble sleeping." 

As they walked through the halls, little Ellie clenched Pogo's hand making the butler look down at her. "Pogo? Who is Number Four?" She asked her voice airy and mystic, full of wonder. Pogo only smiled and put his palm on her forehead, "Master Klaus is Number Four young one, remember? He must be a little tired from training today, and Sir Reginald may have you help putting him to sleep." Ellie could only nod her head as she went on to follow Pogo and Sir Reginald. They reached the room and she peeked in to see Grace sitting on the bed with the boy. His eyes were wild and scared, dark hair sticking out erratically on his head. Klaus watched as his mom stood up and saw the others that stood at his door. Pogo pushed a girl, looking to be around his age into his room, he was confused when he looked at her, she played with her baby blue dress and shyly walked towards him in her ballet flats. 

"I trust you know the way to my office later Ms. Eleanor?"  The girl nodded as the adults left the two children, closing the door behind them. 

"Hello, Klaus."