🌺CHAPTER 28: Crammed Cubicle🌺

The young looking couple entered a very noisy room, filled of mail box like things. Tubes it seemed like. Ellie watched her husband look at the rows before attempting to drop the cylinder he held into one of them. As he was about to let go of it the handler crept behind him, making Ellie straighten up just with the mere sight of her. "I'm afraid that's not procedure." she said in a whisper, taking the tube from his hands.

"Five, Eleanor, meet Gloria. She is perhaps the single most vital cog in our machine." The handler said as she introduced the woman who walked out from an office. The woman was rather old, her short hair curly atop of her head, chuckling lightly at the other woman's high regards. "Gloria, this is Five and Eleanor Hargreeves." She pointed at the couple that now stood together, the woman looked at the two of them, her had shaking and her salt and pepper hair bobbing with it.

"Look at the both of you. Deadly little things." Gloria said, her expression changing as she said the second part of her statement, her hand reaching over to receive the tube the handler offered.

"I'm afraid your reputation precedes you. And it looks like you're building up on it here." The handler told them, opening the piece of paper Five had previously typed and folded up. "Karl Weber. Now tell me, why unfortunate Karl?" Her question only made the boy smirk, his words caught as he looked towards his wife, encouraging her to speak in his place.

"Karl Weber is the butcher at the shop where Captain Ernst A. Lehmann acquires his weekly roast, so if Karl dies, his butcher shop will passed onto his son Otto, who... never washes his hands, which is disgusting." Ellie said scrunching her nose, her speech being continued by Five, the story going on in alternation between the husband and wife.

"He's the one who would give the captain his roast."

"And that will give him food poisoning."

"Which makes him late for work, which will delay take-off."

"To make up for lost time, the Hindenburg flies through the weather front of high electrical charge and humidity."

"The static inside the aircraft makes it a virtual tinderbox. Tiny engine sparks..."

"And just like that, we have..." Ellie finished, her voice getting more and more excited as they explained the relevance of Karl Weber's death, Five even made sound effects as he motioned an explosion with his hand. The Handler and Gloria ecstatically listening to the gruesome flow of events. The tall woman in black even flashing a proud smile between the two teenagers, her eyes curiously over Eleanor and almost seductively on Five's murderous smile. Such evil little things they were, brilliant but evil.

~~~

The trio had left Gloria in the tube room. The Handler walked ahead of the teenagers, making a beeline towards the office area. She walked with a kick in her step, the initial confidence she innately had doubled even tripled, as she heard the couple's explanation not five minutes ago. They stood in front of the people, one Hargreeves in either side of the Handler.

"I'm sure that you have all heard that Mr. and Mrs. Hargreeves has proven to be as adept with a pen as they are with a sword." She began, her voice booming inside the room, giving each of the teenagers a pat on the back. "let their effort serve as an inspiration to you all." Ellie and Five didn't listen to the rest of her speech, from the tone of her voice and the voice that joined in, she was scolding another one of the people there. Ellie took one of the files opening it, offering it to Five to look as well. This had made the two look occupied, up until a distant buzzer sounded from outside and each of the people inside, including the handler had walked out, most probably ot have lunch.

Ellie felt Five stand up, watching him as she put down the re folder onto the desk. The boy looked around first, fixing his blazer before turning around to Dot's now vacated desk and shoving a folder under his vest. He met Ellie's eyes that were giving him a weird looks, offering his hand to her. "Are we gonna go to lunch to? Five I'm hungry."

"Later love, we have to do something first."

The pair walked down the empty corridors, finding themselves in front of the bathroom. "Five, if you had to do your business, I don't think I need to be there." The girl said, only to earn a glare from her husband, so she did what she always did. She went along with his plan, pushing through the door. Five opened one of the cubicle doors, opening it wide for her to enter. "Ugh, this looks so bad. So unprofessional." Five followed her inside, closing covering the toilet and taking a seat pulling Ellie into his lap. They were about to open the folder when the door rattled, making Ellie raise her feet, pressing her knees to her chest and Five pulling her to his chest as to not raise any suspicion. The clicking of heels were loud inside the bathroom, the person walking inside with confidence only that of the Handler herself.

"So, how's you first day going?" Entering the cubicle beside them, making them scrunch their noses in disgust.

"Couldn't be better." Five answered tightening his hold on his wife. Ellie on the other hand had different problems aside from the one that was peeing next to them, she knew that she had hide the folder in her hands so she did the only thing she could think about at the time. She turned around to face Five, still completely on his lap, hiding it under his vest once again.

A series of coughing began, sounding like a cat regurgitating, making Ellie's features contort in disgust, resting her head onto Five's chest, her legs wrapping around his middle to keep them out of sight. "I burned my rugae. Ever burn your rugae? Rugae..." the woman began her random dialogue in attempt to make a conversation in their beyond awkward situation. But the pair could care less, more concerned to stay concealed. But something she had said did catch their attention. "You know, we value integrity at the office above all else..." her statement making the two freeze, the woman talking over the shuffling of her clothes being placed back on her body. "Trust is essential and that trust is... built over time. But in the event of a breach, the commission will act swiftly and without mercy. An efficiency that you above all else would appreciate, Number Five." The toilet flushed, the heels making their sound again, Five pulling Ellie closer, while she turned her head to watch the shadow of her feet walk past their cubicle.

"I'm feeling peckish. Have you had your lunch?"

"Not yet." Five answered

"Great. How would you like to have lunch with me in my office? You can eat solid foods, and I can live vicariously... through the both of you." She said confidently, making the teenagers' breaths hitch and once more when she peeked from the top of the cubicle door. Both of them were frozen as she kept her eyes on them, Five getting some sense to finally reply. "That sounds great."

"I'm afraid that this is not appropriate behavior in the workplace. We would be issuing you a home where you can perform your marital acts in private."  

EDITED