~Prologue~

: News :

8 years later

"Gimme my sh*t, Jay!"

"Make me," He snickered, running into his bedroom and locking the door.

Cianni

I ran to his door, and slammed my palm against the wood.

"Come on, man." I whined, pissed. "Gimme my phone."

"Nope." he said, and turned the TV on to drown out my voice.

"I'mma tell momma." I warned.

"She ain't gon' do sh*t," He laughed.

It's true, she probably won't. She doesn't care about anything we do anymore.

I sighed, and rolled my eyes.

"Ooooh, CiCi..." He mocked me from the other side of the door. "Who were you sending these pics to?"

I blushed, knowing he wasn't talking about real photos. "Don't worry about that. Just gimme my phone!!!"

"Hey!" I heard a familiar voice coming from the direction of momma's bedroom. I looked over, and there she was. "Keep that sh*t down."

"But momma, he stole my phone!" I whined, hoping to get him in trouble.

"I don't care!" she said, annoyed."Shut up, me and August are trynna sleep."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, momma."

Yea, she's with August now. He's sort of like my step daddy, except for the fact that they're not married.

She walked back into her room, and IJ came out of his with my phone. He handed it to me, and had a smug look on his face. If that hadn't happened, I probably wouldn't have gotten it back for hours. But he really hates when she does that.

When we were younger, August seemed really cool. But, then something changed.

"Thanks, Jay." I said, sarcastic.

"YW, Bigfoot." He said.

Then, I walked back into my room and texted LaLa.

C!@nn!Am@n!- I'm omw down now ;)

LaLaL%p$y- Kk. HURRY TF UP, Lol. D:

I unplugged my phone, and put it in my back pocket. Then, I grabbed my headphones and checked my outfit in the mirror before walking out.

I was wearing a hot pink SWAG sweatshirt with light blue ripped jeans and pink high tops. I had in my pink, flower-stud earrings and my hair was in a messy bun. (Above)

I walked down the stairs, and started to walk out the door.

"Where you going, CiCi?" I heard from behind me.

I turned around, and answered the little adorable princess.

"To the mall," I said to her.

"Does mommy know?"

"Yea, I told her this morning." I nodded.

"You told her?" she asked. "Or you asked her?"

"What difference does it make?" I mumbled. "She would've still ignored me."

"I just don't want daddy to yell at you." she said, sadly.

"Your father isn't going to yell at me." I said with an attitude.