Chapter Three: Someone Like You

Myles

"Welcome to New at Two," I heard the voice on the TV say. "The show where we give you all of the new potential hits, or songs by your favorite artists."

I groaned, and tried to sit up. When did I turn the TV on?

I looked around the room. Whoa, last night must've been wild.

There were beer bottles and chips and all types of food scattered, not to mention random bras and T-shirts that were abandoned and someone will no doubt be searching for in their hamper later.

Once I regained my composure, I trudged into the kitchen, and grabbed a water bottle. Taking it to the head, I realized just how thirsty I was.

I grabbed another one, and drank it half way before walking to the bathroom of my apartment.

Ever since before Mindless Behavior ended, I haven't been getting much income. So, I started to work with Chris again. But, even he has a new girl now, and has forgotten about me.

Is that it? Do I need a girl?

But I mean, I don't want a girl. I want a woman. Someone proud of themselves and that'll be proud to claim me. Someone that'll stick up for me when their friends talk sh*t. Someone who'll ride for me, and will hold me down as I do the same. Someone who'll be a lady in public, but a professional in the bed.

Someone like Alani....

"I'll hold you down

I'm on my way

All you been thinkin' bout

Do anything you want and let emotion rule your mind (rule your mind)

And now you say you dream about-"

(Hold You Down by Dj Khaled)

I finally found it, underneath a random thong. Dirty a** hos...

I put the phone hesitantly to my ear and walked to wash my hands. "Yea?"

"You ready ta' go ta' work?" I heard his this, New Orleans accent seeping through.

Hell nah, n*gga. I'm mad tired. You must be crazy thinkin' I'm 'bout to give up some of this beauty sleep. This sh*t good a f*ck. Twos, b*tch. F*ck you thought this was.

I cringed, hoping I hadn't said that aloud. Shut up, Braxton! I thought.

"Hellooo?" I heard him say in my ear.

"Yea, I'm good to go."

"Come on ova', then." he said.

"Aight." I answered, then hung up. I shook my head. Braxton almost got me in trouble again.

But, I was right tho.

Idgaf! I answered. I need this job, you gon' have yo' right a** on the d*mn street.

Man, whatever. he said, making my head pulse with pain. He's getting stronger.

Let's go get this paper.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Aww, MyMy is Schizophrenic.

(Multiple personalities fighting for dominance)

Is Braxton why he left Alani alone and she miscarriaged?

Why isn't it more obvious that he's like this? Does it get worse as he gets older?

He misses Alani. Where is she??

Who was he on the phone with? Sure wasn't Chris.

Everybody forgetting Myles for their GFs? Even Ray, his bestfriend?

Find out!!

-Jojo the Creator